Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aker and the Brownlow

I think you'll find the gutter was Scraggers journalism!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Aker had a much better time of it than listening to Demetriou drone on for an hour and a half.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I think you'll find the gutter was Scraggers journalism!
    Ouch ... Not me ... I just repeated what was said on Perth radio
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, this one is funnier than Fev's Mad Monday with the dildo... can just picture Aker at Johnno's place, the wife texts, he replies "Brownlow? Sorry darl, I'm hammered"....
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think any of the players would be very 'piss-fit'

Especially Aker after 15 seasons of AFL

Hope he didnt go too hard expecting not to play on in 2010

We need him

Post Thanks / Like

I bet he had more fun with mad monday than attending a boring Brownlow that he knew he wouldn't win and most expected Ablett to win it. The closer ones are much more exciting. He's getting older maybe he can't drink like he used to :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Saw the article in todays paper. I loved Aker's explanantion - very well thought out!! The photo from 2007 was good too. How lovely did Megan look in that dress?

Post Thanks / Like

In retrospect, Aker and his wife were pretty wise to decide that he shouldn't go. I'm all for players have some huge days/nights after the season - but you only have to look at Fev to realise getting too/being too blind at a very public Brownlow function is not the greatest idea!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    In retrospect, Aker and his wife were pretty wise to decide that he shouldn't go. I'm all for players have some huge days/nights after the season - but you only have to look at Fev to realise getting too/being too blind at a very public Brownlow function is not the greatest idea!
    Very well said. Couldn't agree more.

Post Thanks / Like

At least Aker had the sense to turn around and go home and not make a fool of himself like that dickhead Fevola. Not sure how Fevola's wife can put up with the big baby that he is.

I have seen Fevola first hand getting drunk and mouthing off. I was on a plane after a Darwin game a few years ago, sitting in the last row aisle seat. Fevola spent the whole time in the galley drinking, and being told about 4am that there was no more booze left. He mouthed off the entire trip about Denis Pagan, complaining, etc etc. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Jason Akermanis slams critics of wife Megan after his Brownlow no-show

LINK

WESTERN Bulldogs star Jason Akermanis has hit back at critics who have labelled his wife, Megan, a "princess", after the pair were a no-show at the Brownlow Medal count.

Akermanis was "not in a state to be seen in public" after his club's Mad Monday celebrations got "more involved" than expected, but he said fans shouldn't take it out on his wife, who reasonably suggested he would be better off staying at home.

"You couldn't ask for a more unwanting person than Megan in the spotlight," Akermanis said.

"She was really understanding about it all. I guess I am pretty (lucky)."

And while the outspoken footballer was still eating humble pie yesterday, he said he was thrilled to get the chance to wear his new Soho Workshop suit on The Footy Show Grand Final edition tonight, and described it as "Oceans 13-inspired".

"I mightn't make it look good but I tell you, it's a bloody good-looking suit," Akermanis said.

But while Akermanis will get the second chance at suiting up, there's not so much luck for Megan, who will be returning her glamour dress to designer Angelina Baccini.

"I didn't mind not going (to the Brownlow) but I was really disappointed for all the people who put so much work in behind the scenes, like the designer and the makeup artist," Megan said.

"I feel really bad that I let down my side of the deal."

But Megan remained upbeat, saying she at least wouldn't have to worry about choosing a dress next year.

"I just said to Angelina, just put it back in the cupboard and I'll wear it next year," she laughed.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Many of us have had occasions when we've drunk too much. I think the Aker thing has been blown out of proportion by the media (for something new). He was out with team mates, not hurting/abusing anyone, didn't disgrace himself. As for Megan, I don't think she came across as a princess at all. Sure, she's disappointed, but she's certainly not sooking about it.

Post Thanks / Like

If ever any woman had absoulte authority to shoot a man and for it to be called justifiable this is the case. But she has handled it brilliantly and with dignity, although Jason will be reminded of this forever and will lose every argument forever too. Some media people just make up stories and Megan was on the end of shody attempts at journalism. Shame, shame, shame.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Simon Atkins did exactly the same thing in 92.

He rocked up home just before time to go and he wife cracked it with him.

Atkins took his mum instead.
    The story I heard is his Misses sick of all his boozing.(we had just lost the Prelim )
    Spat it, rocked up to the Barkly with a suitcase and said enough was enough.
    See you later.

So he rang his Mum and took her to the Brownlow.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    The story I heard is his Misses sick of all his boozing.(we had just lost the Prelim )
    Spat it, rocked up to the Barkly with a suitcase and said enough was enough.
    See you later.

So he rang his Mum and took her to the Brownlow.
    That is the way i remember it nearly exept it was essex st at the Albert Hotel for what I was told!!
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning