Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm sad.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy I'm sad.

Watching the St Kilda training and seeing 10,000 fans in RW&B(lack) turn up and the excitement and anticipation just really, really stung me now. We missed our shot, we should have been down the Whitten Oval 30 fans deep around the ground singing the song and screaming for the players. Just as a thought the pain, frustration and upset from the weekend was gone, it all came back in an instance. I don't think i'm going to enjoy this week at all. I'm just plain sad when I see what we could be doing this week, "if only". This game can give so much, and take and hurt so much too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm sad.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Watching the St Kilda training and seeing 10,000 fans in RW&B(lack) turn up and the excitement and anticipation just really, really stung me now. We missed our shot, we should have been down the Whitten Oval 30 fans deep around the ground singing the song and screaming for the players. Just as a thought the pain, frustration and upset from the weekend was gone, it all came back in an instance. I don't think i'm going to enjoy this week at all. I'm just plain sad when I see what we could be doing this week, "if only". This game can give so much, and take and hurt so much too.
    Did it take you this long for it to sink in?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Did it take you this long for it to sink in?
    No. But i thought i was moving on, although i haven't slept a decent night's sleep since last Thursday night. It was hurting, but just seeing the images from Moorabbin really turned it from hurt to absolute sadness and despondency having to see what we could have had if things were different.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Cheer up This time around, I really do think that we are set for a genuine shot at the flag in the next 2-3 years. I was nowhere near as confident after the 98 Prelim loss. This is only the beginning, bulldogtragic. There are no guarantees of course, but I have never been as optimistic. GF week 2010 will be awash with red, white and blue.
    Crumbs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by W W Biscuit View Post
    Cheer up This time around, I really do think that we are set for a genuine shot at the flag in the next 2-3 years. I was nowhere near as confident after the 98 Prelim loss. This is only the beginning, bulldogtragic. There are no guarantees of course, but I have never been as optimistic. GF week 2010 will be awash with red, white and blue.
    Please can I have a garantee????
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strebla View Post
    Please can I have a garantee????
    Only if you can spell it correctly!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by W W Biscuit View Post
    I agree and I believe. Last friday has given me more belief than anything else - despite the initial 3 days of grieving.
    Bring on trade week and next season!!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: I'm sad.

Quote Originally Posted by wb_age View Post
    BANG! ha.
    I can never get anything past the Coon Dog!!!!
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

mel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by strebla View Post
    I can never get anything past the Coon Dog!!!!
    he is very sharp Hollywood.....imagine what its like around the table at dinner time for the kids!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    he is very sharp Hollywood.....imagine what its like around the table at dinner time for the kids!!
    "Me and Timmy were playing footy today..."
    "Timmy and I Coon Pup, Timmy and I!"

Post Thanks / Like

If any number is synomonous with our club, it is the number '7' - which is how many preliminary finals we will play next time. Cheer up -imagine if we were Collingwood, all cocky and thinking that they were a real chance for the flag this year, if you listen to the players on the radio. How gutted would they feel? At least we know we are up there with the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogs_r_barking View Post
    If any number is synomonous with our club, it is the number '7' - which is how many preliminary finals we will play next time. Cheer up -imagine if we were Collingwood, all cocky and thinking that they were a real chance for the flag this year, if you listen to the players on the radio. How gutted would they feel? At least we know we are up there with the best.
    We correctly thought we were a real chance for a flag this year too. Without that mindset, you wouldn't have a chance...I don't like Collingwood, but it's fair enough that their players thought they had a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    "me and timmy were playing footy today..."
    "timmy and i coon pup, timmy and i!"
    lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sad, I feel robbed.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I have moved on to thinking about next year
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.