Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scott Welsh's exit opens door for Barry Hall

Bad luck to young O'Shea who is still only young, but unfortunately the many injuries he has sustained, has held his development back.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Give Hall the number 10 now!

neodog Guest

Was a good player and is still quite serviceable, will never forget the way he Giddy up for shot at goal. It was nice that the club have indicated their intentions early to Welsh so he can start his planning early.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    I know. I thought about him immediately after the final siren on Friday, and haven't stopped since. It's a soothing, evil, thing, hope.
    What happens if he's not the one shot panacea we've been dreaming of?
    What if in fact we struggle to adjust to having a big target in the forward line, and aren't sure how to work off of him?
    What if he snaps and punches Aker just to get him to shut up?

Not trying to be a negative nelly but suddenly he's a big bald bustling Jesus rising up to save us (sorry, religion's not my strong point). In my experience it doesn't usually work out that way. He's also 32 and mental which is good but bad, y'know?
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    What if in fact we struggle to adjust to having a big target in the forward line, and aren't sure how to work off of him?

Not trying to be a negative nelly but suddenly he's a big bald bustling Jesus rising up to save us (sorry, religion's not my strong point). In my experience it doesn't usually work out that way. He's also 32 and mental which is good but bad, y'know?
    Who else can we pin our hopes on? Or should we not have any hope at all...

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh... shaddup your face.

ps. All good points. All true. I guess this is where Rocket earns his bread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DexterT View Post
    Who else can we pin our hopes on? Or should we not have any hope at all...
    We could pin our hopes on the group of players we've got and the continued development of the list. I don't know, maybe it's just the agnostic in me, but I don't believe in messiah's.

I'm more than happy to have him but I just don't think we should build ourselves up into a frenzy of "Barry gon' save us". I'm more than happy to be wrong.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I love how posters like to do the "He's no good" post about a player and then immediately say "I'm happy to be proven wrong".

Just say he's no good and he won't prove me wrong either, that's one way to make a statement and stand by it

Post Thanks / Like

We could pin our hopes on the group of players we've got and the continued development of the list. I don't know, maybe it's just the agnostic in me, but I don't believe in messiah's.

I'm more than happy to have him but I just don't think we should build ourselves up into a frenzy of "Barry gon' save us". I'm more than happy to be wrong.
    Not a messiah, will just add another option in the forward line. We will still need Aker , Hill, Higgins, Johnno to kick around 30 plus goals each.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's face it, we can win games without BBB - but we need a distraction in the forward line for the opposition's defenders. He doesn't have to kick goals just take out their best defender.

If we get him I am looking forward to playing Caaaaaaaarrlton next year

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for two good years of sevice Welshy, i've enjoyed watching you giddyup to kick a goal - all the best in Adelaide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not a messiah, will just add another option in the forward line. We will still need Aker , Hill, Higgins, Johnno to kick around 30 plus goals each.
    "He's not the Messiah!!, he's a very naughty boy!...."

Couldn't resist this classic quote.

I feel for paul O'Shea, I thought he had some potential, and didn't get a real chance to show it with his injuries. Would of been good to see him play a couple of games this year but unfortunately it's not to be.

Good Luck to Skipper and Wight also.

Wouldn't surprise me to see another club like maybe Collingwood, Sydney, Port, Freo or Richmond pick him up as a backup ruckman.

Post Thanks / Like

He's not the messiah, hes just a very naughty boy....

First of all good luck to Welshy in the next chapter of your life, thanks for your contribution.

Bring on Big Bad Bazza, crash them packs, need to pick up a really decent crumbing forward in trade week as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Dam to slow, well done Cyberdoggie style... classic film!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DexterT View Post
    I love how posters like to do the "He's no good" post about a player and then immediately say "I'm happy to be proven wrong".

Just say he's no good and he won't prove me wrong either, that's one way to make a statement and stand by it
    Hey I'm a poster, maybe you mean me.

I never said he wasn't any good. I said he's not the be all and end all. It's equally as possible that we recruit him and end up coming 6th next year.
    Also didn't make a statement that could be "proven wrong", it was more just a reality check not to build him up as being "the solution".
    He may be as much question as answer.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me