Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brock McLean QUITS the Dee's!

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Throw Cam Wight in?

Officially announcing he'll be delisted probably won't help our chances.
    I guess moving up or down 4 places isn't alot, particularly later on in the draft, but you would be disappointed if someone you eyed off went at 11, 12, 13 or 14 when you have pick 15.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I guess moving up or down 4 places isn't alot, particularly later on in the draft, but you would be disappointed if someone you eyed off went at 11, 12, 13 or 14 when you have pick 15.
    What about our first pick, second pick and Everitt for Melbourne's pick 11 and pick 18?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We were actually better than the Saints last year and pretty damn close this year but couldn't get as much out of him.
    Their game style and Farren's role has made his transistion into his new team a success. He still struggles in open play when he has to decide on the correct option and has made a habit of transferring the ball sideways to an open target rather than take a risk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    In a very good team his deficiencies have been hidden. When we applied the blowtorch on Friday night he made the same mistakes we have seen in the past.

It will be interesting to see how he goes on Saturday.
    I agree, I still don't rate him.

He got the panic's a few times on friday.

Post Thanks / Like

What about our first pick, second pick and Everitt for Melbourne's pick 11 and pick 18?
    Seems about the right weight to me, well almost.

Melbourne get Everitt, 15 & 31.
    We get 11 & 18.

Melbourne move back cumulatively 15 picks & get Everitt.

May need to move that pick 31 up to mid 20's so Sydney may come into play over the Hall deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Did he really have to pick Carlton?

If he's as slow, injury prone and doesn't improve his skills from the last two years - Melbourne would be pretty happy with this trade IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    If he's as slow, injury prone and doesn't improve his skills from the last two years - Melbourne would be pretty happy with this trade IMO.
    Yep Melbourne would be happy ending up with 1,2,11,18 in the last draft before the GC/WS era

Post Thanks / Like

Big name players are walking left, right and centre and it'll only get worse next year with GC dollars up for grabs.

Our head honchos have their work cut out securing our stars over the next 12 months.
    For a few years now the trade week hasn't lived up to expectations but based on a number of the rumors going around at the moment this one shapes as a busy week with some big names.

Post Thanks / Like

Not real sure what Carlton are up to here. They need a number of other things besides an inside midfielder. I am pretty sure I recall reading an article that indicated McLean had some sort of family link with the Morans and we all know they have been/were heavily involved with Carlton over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Their game style and Farren's role has made his transistion into his new team a success. He still struggles in open play when he has to decide on the correct option and has made a habit of transferring the ball sideways to an open target rather than take a risk.
    I'd agree with this. I have watched Farren very closely this year and he has 100% been instructed to go sideways and give the ball off to Goddard, Gram or Fisher. The one thing which has has improved on is someone has finally been able to drill into him that his left foot kicks are absolutely horrible and to stop using it.

He has done better at the Saints but when th eblow torch was applied last week he was crap. He also played poorly against the Swans when the pressure was up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Hasn't Stevens got another year on his contract ?
    By the way, Ray was drafted pick 4 the same year that McLean (5) was and we got bugger all for him last year and now McLean is getting the Demons pick 11.
    We are either not drafting well enough or not developing players correctly.
    Stevens has retired due to his neck injury.
    Whilst we did not get as high a pick for Ray that Melbourne got for McLean, its hard to compare last years draft which went deeper in terms of talent (we did get Roughead afterall, some even rated him a potential 1st rounder at the time)

This years draft is pretty shallow by all reports there are only about half a dozen standouts then it drops away.
    If it was a strong draft, I do not believe clubs would be as active as they will be in the next fortnight. Also if it was a strong draft, there is no wayclubs would depart with their 1st and 2nd round picks as being mooted given it is the last umcompromised draft.

Post Thanks / Like

He must be spewing he spent $25,000 on trying to eliminate debt with the club.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Yep Melbourne would be happy ending up with 1,2,11,18 in the last draft before the GC/WS era
    They need to get picks like that - it's not like they have 3 father/sons in the next 2 years with which to avoid the lean pickings in the draft like a certrain lucky red, white & blue club
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Stevens has retired due to his neck injury.
    Whilst we did not get as high a pick for Ray that Melbourne got for McLean, its hard to compare last years draft which went deeper in terms of talent (we did get Roughead afterall, some even rated him a potential 1st rounder at the time)

This years draft is pretty shallow by all reports there are only about half a dozen standouts then it drops away.
    If it was a strong draft, I do not believe clubs would be as active as they will be in the next fortnight. Also if it was a strong draft, there is no wayclubs would depart with their 1st and 2nd round picks as being mooted given it is the last umcompromised draft.
    You make a great point about Roughie i reckon we on to a winner with him so we should all take a deep breath and wait for the fruit to come from that trade!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by western monkey View Post
    You make a great point about Roughie i reckon we on to a winner with him so we should all take a deep breath and wait for the fruit to come from that trade!!
    Really, the Farren Ray trade netted us Liam Jones. We had consecutive picks in which we took Jordan Roughead & Liam Jones in that order.
    Roughead was always going to be the one we were taking with that selection, the additional one allowed us to take Liam Jones.