Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs close to Hall deal

It says in 'The West' :-

(Michael Gleeson)

"Hall, 31, is expected to be given a two-year contract worth up to $600,000 to resurrect his damaged reputation following a number of off-field indiscretions which led to his retirement from the Swans in July."

Two questions ...

1. What off-field indiscretions ??
    2. If Hall has in fact retired, do we need to deal with Sydney (ala Mal Michael Brisbane/Essendon deal) ??
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Is this happening a year too late??

I'm happy that this deal will happen but on the other hand I'm a bit worried that we missed the boat last year on this deal, and we are trying to do a patch up job on our forward line. I'm on the fence with this one. I hope Bazza can kick plenty of goals next year and put my doubts at ease.
    I keep on saying the same thing to the Barry Hall doubters. He doesn't have to be "the answer" to make this a worthy deal. All he has to do is be worthy of one of the last couple of spots on our list. I have no doubt in my mind that he is worth the price we paying for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Now a true CHF and we almost have a spine.
    We have Liam Jones

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing O'Keefe or Addison would be first on the chopping block. Sydney may also have an interest in Skipper but i would think that would be less likely.

I would prefer we traded Dylan as i think he has hit his full potential.
    We are not going to see anything new from him and he will always be a fringe player.

O'Keefe i would rather see stay another year. He is an unknown and i don't like giving up a player with potential. Guy has some clear deficiencies in his game but he is a ball magnet. We used to say similar things about Daniel Cross and Matthew Boyd. If O'Keefe can put in the hard work and desperation required he could be valuable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    I'm guessing O'Keefe or Addison would be first on the chopping block. Sydney may also have an interest in Skipper but i would think that would be less likely.

I would prefer we traded Dylan as i think he has hit his full potential.
    We are not going to see anything new from him and he will always be a fringe player.

O'Keefe i would rather see stay another year. He is an unknown and i don't like giving up a player with potential. Guy has some clear deficiencies in his game but he is a ball magnet. We used to say similar things about Daniel Cross and Matthew Boyd. If O'Keefe can put in the hard work and desperation required he could be valuable.
    Good post, O'Keefe should be given a chance of a full pre-season and an opportunity to show what he is capable of at AFL level before we trade or delist him. He could come back and bite us on the a#*e big time.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure why there is still discussion about Guy O'keefe being given one more chance..has has been sacked hasn't he?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DexterT View Post
    I'm not sure why there is still discussion about Guy O'keefe being given one more chance..has has been sacked hasn't he?
    No he has not, just some posters speculating.

jitboy Guest

I would be interested to know what Bazza has done to kerb his on-field outbursts. Whatever Sydney got him to do it didn't work. His contract better be water tight when it comes to suspensions. "No play, no pay!"

Also I hope Rocket maintains the gameplan. Hall, Aker, Johnson, Hahn, Murphy, Gia, Hill, it all sounds rather tasty. We don't really need Hall as our focal point. Just another fwd option. The other boys are more than capable of kicking goals around him. Hopefully he can adjust to that without getting "frustrated".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    We have Liam Jones
    Tell me about. Ah, Liam my boy. As close to the best tall we have possibly drafted since Chris Grant, next year would be a push. But he offers so much he could get a flank spot if he surprises us. But for the kids i hope J. Grant sees what Hall does and learns his trade!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023