Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake cooling on Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by DexterT View Post
    If Brian Lake decides to take a walk - who would be a suitable replacement (not that you can replace an All Australian player, but the dogs might not have a choice).

Could Matt Maguire be a close enough replacement? Or perhaps Nathan Brown (from Collingwood)?
    Collingwood very rarely lose a player to another club especially one that is as highly rated as Brown, he will be a Collingwood player for a long time.
    Maguire is a totally different player and the jury is still out on him whether he can play at the highest level.
    A young kpp gun or a very early first rounder and a player would be the only compensation I would think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Collingwood very rarely lose a player to another club especially one that is as highly rated as Brown, he will be a Collingwood player for a long time.
    Maguire is a totally different player and the jury is still out on him whether he can play at the highest level.
    A young kpp gun or a very early first rounder and a player would be the only compensation I would think.

And if Brian decides to chase the money instead of the Premiership and bolts to PSD - the dogs have a bit of salary cap room to sign someone...the question is who?

Post Thanks / Like

Lakes most likely waiting for the Barry Hall publicity to die down , so he can be front page news .
    What are the chance of this being a beat up , so the reporter looks like he has a scoop ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

It is disappointing to hear about Brian's delay in signing. Just 9 days ago he said "For sure (I want to stay).
    They have got a contract on the table so it's just working out the finer points, but I just have to worry about it at the end of the year."

I don't know what has happened since then so we can only hope that's it the "finer points" that are the sticking point. I'm not saying this is the case but I always wonder in situations like this how much influence his better half would have on his decision. You know the old saying "happy wife happy life".

Post Thanks / Like

Wow .. will the Bulldog rollercoaster ever stop?

This is the textbook definition of deflating after yesterday's good news.

Part of the article mentioned two Melbourne based clubs that are circling played finals this year - so I take it Carlton is one of them.

I hold out hope he will see sense - but if doesn't sign, this will feel wayyyyy worse than Nathan Brown

Boumann, are you ready?
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

No surprise Greg Denham is peddling this type of story. He seems to be the first off the mark to kick the Dogs, and regularly gets it wrong when doing so

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsimmo View Post
    No surprise Greg Denham is peddling this type of story. He seems to be the first off the mark to kick the Dogs, and regularly gets it wrong when doing so
    I don't believe he has it wrong this time.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    If that is the case I'm all for clearing those type of players and getting the best deal for the Club. If a player doesn't really want to stay so be it irrespective of who it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Could Chris Tarrant be someone the dogs could chase?

If Lake leaves, there's certainly a big hole at Fullback and there's not that many defenders around....I'm getting a little stressed now

Post Thanks / Like

So are you saying we should be worried TCD?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    So are you saying we should be worried TCD?
    I know I am!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

I know I am!
    I don't know but i have always felt confident he would sign, whereas Nathan Brown i always felt he was going. I pray that i am right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    If that is the case I'm all for clearing those type of players and getting the best deal for the Club. If a player doesn't really want to stay so be it irrespective of who it is.
    Lake is irreplacable to our structure - only Scarlett is on a par or better as a key defender. We lose Lake and we are much less of a chance to make top 4 let alone a GF in coming years. Automatrically places the likes of Hargrave and Morris into very uncomfortable match-ups every single week, and places overall pressure on the defensive unit that we've spent the last 5 years refining and perfecting.

It's unfortunate but Lake and his management have us over a barrell and they know it. The reality is that we may as well forget about drafting Hall to fill a structural hole up forward when a hole the size of the Grand Canyon is about to be opened up at the other end.

Post Thanks / Like

If this is true.

Maybe he can have another name change.

Gordon Gekko ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

If Lake leaves, then I will blame him for us missing a GF this year

Seriously though, I have always hated his manager and this just confirms it. A four year contract is a risk for the club and is rarely given to players. I know his manager is trying to get the best for Brian, but I bet he is trying to get the best for himself first.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.