Thanks Thanks:  81
Likes Likes:  219
Page 8 of 148 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rocco Jones/WOOF Norm Smith Sweep

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Do we get a 'loser's' Norm Smith as well? I think Jason Gram was widely tipped as the Saints best player.

Like I said.. worth his weight in gold!
    Gram actually tied for the award with Chapman, the tiebreaker was the most number of 3-votes - which is terrible way to do it IMO. From 5 selectors Gram was in everyone's top 3 with 3,2,2,1,1 and Chapman recieved 3,3,3,0,0 - meaning 2 of the selectors could have had him anywhere from 4th to 44th. Should just go with the chairperson's votes, and if that doesn't help get everyone to choose just between those 2 guys, with 5 voters you won't get another tie
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations alexxxxxxxxxxx.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    Gram actually tied for the award with Chapman, the tiebreaker was the most number of 3-votes - which is terrible way to do it IMO. From 5 selectors Gram was in everyone's top 3 with 3,2,2,1,1 and Chapman recieved 3,3,3,0,0 - meaning 2 of the selectors could have had him anywhere from 4th to 44th. Should just go with the chairperson's votes, and if that doesn't help get everyone to choose just between those 2 guys, with 5 voters you won't get another tie
    Exactly.

I think I win too, then.

Post Thanks / Like

If they just made them pick out of those two players, the three voters who gave Chapman 3 would pick him. The one who gave Gram 3 would pick him. The other 3 was given to H Taylor I believe, but it wouldn't matter who they picked out of Gram & Chappy. Chappy 3 or 4 vs Gram 1 or 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    If they just made them pick out of those two players, the three voters who gave Chapman 3 would pick him. The one who gave Gram 3 would pick him. The other 3 was given to H Taylor I believe, but it wouldn't matter who they picked out of Gram & Chappy. Chappy 3 or 4 vs Gram 1 or 2
    Yep would have been 3 to Chapman 2 to Gram. In fact the chairman had Chapman as well, so either of my two alternatives would have meant the same result in this case. However I think both are better ways of doing it

Sorry Lantern, but the fact remains Gram was not just the Saints best player in the votes but the equal best afield, which may have changed had the Saints got over the line instead of that Chapman game winner being front of mind
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Yep would have been 3 to Chapman 2 to Gram. In fact the chairman had Chapman as well, so either of my two alternatives would have meant the same result in this case. However I think both are better ways of doing it

Sorry Lantern, but the fact remains Gram was not just the Saints best player in the votes but the equal best afield, which may have changed had the Saints got over the line instead of that Chapman game winner being front of mind
    Funny game this isn't it?

Joint Normies for all!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Funny game this isn't it?

Joint Normies for all!
    Pretty sure the announcer didn't say...Norm Smith medalist is....Jason Gram!

Such a sore loser j/k

Whats my prize...i'll update my signature to rub Lanterns nose in it haha

Post Thanks / Like

It's Grand Final time and that means one thing around these parts, the great tradition of having a crappy Norm Smith sweep run by a guy who can't even be bothered to cut up pieces of paper with players names and pick them out of a hat or the like. No instead you get players based on no real logic. Excitement ahoy!

It would be remiss of me not to pass on my congratulations to alexxxxxxxxxxxx for winning the comp last year, enjoy your place on our board of honour.

The Rocco Jones/WOOF Norm Smith Sweep Board of Honour
    2009-alexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now onto the giving players to posters thing.

To start if off I have a number in my head, the winner gets a 'star' player (which will be truly randomised), others get a player based on how close they are.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to say the number is 1-10 and it's a whole number, so no tricky business. First entrant gets a a free player.

Post Thanks / Like

ok I am in
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    ok I am in
    You forgot your guess at a number but your free player is Darren Jolly as he was on the TV as I was posting this.

Post Thanks / Like

Seven
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Four.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Seven
    I can't give away how close you are because it would ruin this game of great integrity but I will give you a free player for great work push Dale Morris as captain. In return you get a captain who is also a defender with a great attitude, Nick Maxwell. He is nothing compared to our man but you did get it for free and all.

Post Thanks / Like

Nine.

And I am defending my crown with.................