Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  79
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Famous Bulldog supporters

I think you will find that Dennis Commetti has a soft spot for us. When he was transfered to Melbourne
    year ago for radio, I am sure he played a few games for Footscray!.......Can anyone confirm

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I was right.......He played for the Dogs in 1971, Reserves

Post Thanks / Like

A few weeks ago this chick on City Homicide asked a young crook who he barracked for.

She said "I barrack for the Bulldogs, and they allways break my heart"

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe gimmicky but still looks good to me.

Casey in the Red, White and Blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Sammy the Turk (From Chopper).
    "And he says, Chopper you got gun? Show me your f*&king gun!"

Post Thanks / Like

Sir Gustav Nossal

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Ernie Sigley, Craig Parry
    Ernie's a huge Doggies fan, sat next to me at home games with his daughter this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Getalong liddle doggy View Post
    Yep I was right.......He played for the Dogs in 1971, Reserves
    Someone has a good memory

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elephant_man View Post
    can we claim russell crowe given that he wore a dogs t shirt in romper stomper? Dont ask me why i remember that
    And the squat they got chased out of was Bulldog Tyres.

Post Thanks / Like

RUSSELL GILBERT, Comedian - WESTERN BULLDOGS

Comedian Russell Gilbert is a passionate Bulldogs supporter. But he started out as a Collingwood fan.

"I used to play junior footy for a team called Parkside in the Footscray District League and they wore the Collingwood jumpers so because of that I barracked for the Magpies early on."

However, when he turned 10, Gilbert got a job selling lollies at the Western Oval. "That meant that I was down at the Western Oval every home game and all my mates would be standing behind the Barkly Street goals and I'd hang out with them and I enjoyed that. Then I was there the day that Ted Whitten played his last game; I went down to the rooms afterwards and got everyone's autographs and that was a significant moment because I just loved that whole feeling. There was this amazing atmosphere . . . and I think that's when I really decided I'd start barracking for the Bulldogs."

Later, Gilbert and Bulldogs champion Dougie Hawkins would become classmates and good friends. Gilbert says watching Hawkins play his 300th game was his most memorable as a Bulldogs fan.

"Watching Dougie get to 300 games was a real highlight for me, especially after his knee injuries and a lot of people thought he was done. That was extra special. Watching him break Teddy Whitten's games record was a magic moment, too."

Gilbert says his love of the Bulldogs was strengthened by the prospect of losing them in 1989 when the club's board signed off on a merger with Fitzroy. The Bulldogs survived after supporters, led by businessman Peter Gordon, rallied to raise money to pay off the club's debts.

"There's something special about the Doggies. The way we've battled on over the years and, you know, we nearly lost the club a couple of times and everyone keeps sticking together and getting behind them".

But Gilbert still dreams of seeing the Bulldogs play in a grand final after a string of preliminary final defeats. "The most disappointing thing for me has been watching us lose so many preliminary finals, especially in 1985 when we got beaten by Hawthorn and in '97 against Adelaide. All I want is to experience a grand final. Of course, if we got there I'd love for us to win it. But I reckon just for the supporters I would love the opportunity to experience that week to be in the grand final. That would be wonderful."
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Top bloke is Russell, i remember having a good laugh with him at the Team of the Century night.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard the other day that Shaun Graf from Cricket Victoria is a doggies man

Post Thanks / Like

You don't hear much from him these days but the Comedian Elliot Goblet is a doggies man. He's already been mentioned but Mark Seymour gave a Shout out to the Doggies at his concert at Werribee Mansion a couple weeks back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyStyle View Post
    You don't hear much from him these days but the Comedian Elliot Goblet is a doggies man. He's already been mentioned but Mark Seymour gave a Shout out to the Doggies at his concert at Werribee Mansion a couple weeks back
    He's definitely a Hawk supporter.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!