Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  79
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Famous Bulldog supporters

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    He's definitely a Hawk supporter.
    I stand corrected - I knew there had to be a reason I didn't like him!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/genera...982056947.html

Post Thanks / Like

barack obama.....leader of the free world, destroyer of the talaban & rabid bulldogs man
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

LINK

Trundling through the local independent news website, I happened to stumble on to this ...

“I reckon that being from Fremantle, Bon (Scott) would have been a Dockers supporter if he was alive today,” Mr Thorncroft said.

“But he was actually a Footscray supporter.”

Pressed on why the late, great Scott might have been a dishlickers’ fan, Thorncroft, could only speculate.

“You will possibly find it was a case of when you grow up you tend to follow whatever team is going well at the time,” he said.

The only time Footscray won a VFL Grand Final in Scott’s lifetime was in 1954, when 1946-born Scott was eight years old.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Scraggers;363021]LINK

^^^^

Yes, and Bon was attending Sunshine Primary School in the mid '50's - right across the road from EJ Whitten's shop! (Sunshine Primary School was where Young Ronny from Scotland was nicknamed Bon by his teacher (allegedly to distinguish him from the other Ron in his class, but you'd have to say that, having a Scottish kid called Ronny Scott from Bonny Scotland, he probably just couldn't resist!)

PS. Both the school and EJ's shop were just a drop kick up the street (Hampshire Rd) from Keith Miller's childhood home... Bit of talent in the street over the years... But I digress!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Webby;363052]
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    LINK

^^^^

Yes, and Bon was attending Sunshine Primary School in the mid '50's - right across the road from EJ Whitten's shop! (Sunshine Primary School was where Young Ronny from Scotland was nicknamed Bon by his teacher (allegedly to distinguish him from the other Ron in his class, but you'd have to say that, having a Scottish kid called Ronny Scott from Bonny Scotland, he probably just couldn't resist!)

PS. Both the school and EJ's shop were just a drop kick up the street (Hampshire Rd) from Keith Miller's childhood home... Bit of talent in the street over the years... But I digress!

Ron Barrassi spent a fair chunk of his childhood living in Footscray as well. He lived in Coral st just off Ballarat Rd near Kinnears Ropes. I once asked him if he was any chance of being recruited to us as a local boy (imagine him and EJ in the same team!) but he said he was always going to play for Melbourne as a Father/Son.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Webby;363052]
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    LINK

^^^^

Pretty certain When AC/DC first started they played a gig behind the school.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Remi Moses;363056]
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Pretty certain When AC/DC first started they played a gig behind the school.
    Yeah they actually played in the school's gym around 1973. Bon being an ex/student. However the gig was apparently shut down by a teacher after it got a little bit too rowdy. They also shot the film clip for 'Jailbreak' down in the Sunshine quarry. Although Bon moved to WA, he still had friends and family rooted in the Melbourne's west... And a footy team..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post

Yeah they actually played in the school's gym around 1973. Bon being an ex/student. However the gig was apparently shut down by a teacher after it got a little bit too rowdy. They also shot the film clip for 'Jailbreak' down in the Sunshine quarry. Although Bon moved to WA, he still had friends and family rooted in the Melbourne's west... And a footy team..
    Saw AC DC play a great gig at the Totty Hotel, around mid-70's. The place was jam packed. I had never seen so many people in the pub. Those days pubs could only open after 10 pm if they served a meal, and the pub had to provide a table and seat. On this night people were everywhere, clearly exceeding the table and chairs to people ratio.

One incident during the night I remember well, was a pack of idiots next to our table throwing jugs at another table and then fighting. In the middle of one of the songs, Bon says, "Cum on boys, get in there"(pointing at the fight.

Never knew he was a doggies man, love him even more now. After Bon died, I wasn't interested in ACDC any more.

PS: I saw ACDC as a support act to Lou Reed, before Bon Scott, ie with their first vocalist Dave Evans..
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

v8 Supercar Endurance Driver Jack Perkins is a massive Dogs fan and regular attendee. He's convinced his mate (and V8 SuperCar Star) Scott McLaughlin to be a doggies fan as well and has taken to him to matches. Scott is a born and bred Kiwi. Scott tweeted today about Clay Smith doing his knee again.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread but I was listening to Shaun Graf on SEN the other day and KB mentioned that he is a bulldog supporter. I didn't know but I was happy to hear it because he was a favourite of mine. I went to a one dayer at the SCG back in the '80s with a bunch of friends I have from the Central Coast. Anyway they hung shit on me for being a Victorian on the train ride in, going on about how NSW props up Australian cricket but Graf won the game for Australia that night. I got plenty back at them on the train ride back that night.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Michael Rowland from ABC's News Breakfast is a big Bulldogs fan. I've seen him at games.

Post Thanks / Like

Big bulldogs fan Jack Perkins won the v8 Supercars Gold Coast 600 race today , co driver to James Courtney. His mate and new bulldogs nut Scott McLachlan started on pole position.

14. Likes Twodogs, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Beast ( The Chase) spotted wearing a Doggies scarf half time tonight.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Just spotted that too - a true British bulldog,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    The Beast ( The Chase) spotted wearing a Doggies scarf half time tonight.
    Had to google him to find out who he was.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Likes KT31 liked this post