Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  79
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Famous Bulldog supporters

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    The Beast ( The Chase) spotted wearing a Doggies scarf half time tonight.

Looked shiny new to me. I think it still had the tag on it.

Still welcome aboard Beasty boy, there's always room for one more.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Shane Delia (cooking show on SBS from memory) is a Bulldogs supporter and being of Maltese background too, I think, could be a Western Suburbs boy. Anyone know? Tim Cahill also.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Shane Delia (cooking show on SBS from memory) is a Bulldogs supporter and being of Maltese background too, I think, could be a Western Suburbs boy. Anyone know? Tim Cahill also.

Shane Delia prepares recipes and stuff for the Sons of the West program.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Huge Bulldogs supporter.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Huge Bulldogs supporter.
    And Melbourne City.

He's managed to get some good crossover between the two clubs. Sorenson seems to be at the very least an interested onlooker.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    And Melbourne City.

He's managed to get some good crossover between the two clubs. Sorenson seems to be at the very least an interested onlooker.
    If only Melbourne City would add a splash of red in there with the blue & white...!

Post Thanks / Like

I was at a VFL game with a couple of mates who do some tv adds etc and Shane asked us to do some stuff and filmed us .. I didn't know him but he was really down to earth , we had a laugh and we all had to sign some papers etc for his show. For the record if you ever saw the Carlton draught add with the old bloke at the bar with the White beard, He was my old high school teacher at braybrook high from the late 70s.
    Both my friends do a bit for SOTW I gather that's how they knew him and got involved in some of his videos.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Shane also owns Biggie Smalls , had the players down there serving etc for some charity I think last year.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Shane also owns Biggie Smalls , had the players down there serving etc for some charity I think last year.
    Biggie Smalls only an average place. Maha Grill is really a great restaurant with some incredible food. I would highly recommend it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, looked him up. Maltese background, Western Suburbs boy. Massive Bulldog supporter. What's not to like about Shane Delia?

Post Thanks / Like

The late Lionel "Nappy" Ollington, Melboune's two-up king, played for us in the late 40s.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently the PM is a "supporter". I am sure his favourite player is Israel Falou.

Article Link

Edit : paywall

-----------------------------

Scott Morrison has portrayed himself as a one-eyed Cronulla Sharks fan but it wasn’t that long ago that he preferred rugby union while also being a supporter of the AFL’s Western Bulldogs.

Mr Morrison has publicly declared he was a fan of the Western Bulldogs and called AFL a “great game” and the AFL grand final the “greatest show in Oz”, despite last week saying he did not have an AFL team.

The Prime Minister’s quotes about AFL — made in 2009 — are reminiscent of fellow Sydneysider Malcolm Turnbull calling the Melbourne-based game “the most exciting football code”, to the chagrin of working-class NRL fans in his home state.

Mr Morrison, who last week tasked comedian Peter Helliar with finding him an AFL team, even bragged he was singing the Western Bulldogs’ theme song after the team had a win in 2009.

“(Scott Morrison) is singing sons of the west, red, white and blue, we’ll come out snarling bulldogs thru and thru (sic) go doggies,” Mr Morrison tweeted.

He said he supported the Victorian team instead of the Sydney Swans because then Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade introduced him to the “great game”.

“And loyalty counts,” Mr Morrison tweeted.

Mr Morrison has promoted his links with rugby league since gaining the Liberal leadership last month, appearing on the NRL Footy Show while taking every opportunity to talk up his team, the Cronulla Sharks.

Even on his way into the ballot, the only comments he made were in reference to the Sharks’ game that weekend.

“My only tip is that the Sharks will beat Newcastle,” he told tradies at Parliament House.

But in 2010, the then second-term MP said he preferred rugby union to rugby league, while in 2015 he described how he “grew up on rugby”.

“I’m more of a rugby fan, but naturally when it comes to the NRL, the Sharks have my loyalty,” Mr Morrison tweeted.

In 2012, he declared rugby union “will always be my game”.

“But the (AFL grand final) is the greatest show in Oz,” he tweeted.

Rugby union is popular in private schools and affluent parts of Sydney, with rugby league largely the game of the working class.

Mr Morrison, who has tried to distance himself from Mr Turnbull’s “Mr Harbourside Mansion” image, did a press conference in his first week in the job while holding the Steeden ball used in rugby league games.

He earlier showed off his skills with the rugby league players at Sydney’s Endeavour Sports High School and watched the Sharks lose to the Sydney Roosters in Sydney on Saturday night.

14. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Apparently the PM is a "supporter". I am sure his favourite player is Israel Falou.

Article Link

Scott Morrison has portrayed himself as a one-eyed Cronulla Sharks fan but it wasn’t that long ago that he preferred rugby union while also being a supporter of the AFL’s Western Bulldogs.

Mr Morrison has publicly declared he was a fan of the Western Bulldogs and called AFL a “great game” and the AFL grand final the “greatest show in Oz”, despite last week saying he did not have an AFL team.

The Prime Minister’s quotes about AFL — made in 2009 — are reminiscent of fellow Sydneysider Malcolm Turnbull calling the Melbourne-based game “the most exciting football code”, to the chagrin of working-class NRL fans in his home state.

Mr Morrison, who last week tasked comedian Peter Helliar with finding him an AFL team, even bragged he was singing the Western Bulldogs’ theme song after the team had a win in 2009.

“(Scott Morrison) is singing sons of the west, red, white and blue, we’ll come out snarling bulldogs thru and thru (sic) go doggies,” Mr Morrison tweeted.

He said he supported the Victorian team instead of the Sydney Swans because then Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade introduced him to the “great game”.

Mr Morrison has promoted his links with rugby league since gaining the Liberal leadership last month, appearing on the NRL Footy Show while taking every opportunity to talk up his team, the Cronulla Sharks.

Even on his way into the ballot, the only comments he made were in reference to the Sharks’ game that weekend.

“My only tip is that the Sharks will beat Newcastle,” he told tradies at Parliament House.

But in 2010, the then second-term MP said he preferred rugby union to rugby league, while in 2015 he described how he “grew up on rugby”.

“I’m more of a rugby fan, but naturally when it comes to the NRL, the Sharks have my loyalty,” Mr Morrison tweeted.

Rugby union is popular in private schools and affluent parts of Sydney, with rugby league largely the game of the working class.

Mr Morrison, who has tried to distance himself from Mr Turnbull’s “Mr Harbourside Mansion” image, did a press conference in his first week in the job while holding the Steeden ball used in rugby league games.

He earlier showed off his skills with the rugby league players at Sydney’s Endeavour Sports High School and watched the Sharks lose to the Sydney Roosters in Sydney on Saturday night.
    Unsubscribe.
    "It's over. It's all over."

16. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just vomited in my mouth a little.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Article Link

I haven't felt this nauseous since, well ...

Ugh.
    BORDERLINE FLYING