Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ox's comments on SEN re: Lake

Quote Originally Posted by The Dogs Bollocks View Post
    Lets hope so!

This is killing me.
    I know!!!! Talk about building the suspence!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This would seriously be the best news
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

If true, i'm still not happy with the way this has been handled. Very poor.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If true, i'm still not happy with the way this has been handled. Very poor.
    In which sense? Brian, the club, the manager or the way he stalled at the original and apparently agreed to contract?

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone happen to hear James Fantasia on SEN this afternoon? Did he have anything to add that we don't already know?

Also, Schwarz noted before that his understanding of the Lake hold up is to do with the way in which the contract is backended - mainly that the 2010 wage would be less than what he received this year.

Of course, I am not taking the word of the Ox as gospel, and I don't know that he has much to do with the club anymore, but from what he says it sounds like his info might be coming from the Olarenshaw camp rather than any connections at the dogs (thats just what I have taken from his somewhat stubborn answers to callers).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwb View Post
    Did anyone happen to hear James Fantasia on SEN this afternoon? Did he have anything to add that we don't already know?
    Not really. He did say when asked about Fev -- "he's not a route we decided we would take, but, not to be cheeky about it, in this business you learn to never-say-never".

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lantern

Post Thanks / Like

Pre interview with Fantasia tonight on SEN Ox was claiming the Lake deal would happen tomorrow morning.

Fantasia was nowhere near as adamant.

I interpreted Fantasia's comments tonight to be that there was still a sticking point in the negotiation. He said it may still happen tomorrow or it may happen next week. Both parties appear to be claiming the ball is not in their own court hence the stalemate. When asked, he indicated he couldn't go into the specifics of the issue/s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rohanj View Post
    Pre interview with Fantasia tonight on SEN Ox was claiming the Lake deal would happen tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Fingers crossed.
    Agree although from our end it would seem it may take more than that to sort it through.

Really hope that everything that could've been done through the season to re-sign Brian was explored as it would seem on the outside at least to have been somewhat mis-managed to get to this point. I may get shouted down for this opinion but I do hope at least that we can take a learning from it to mitigate a similar risk when it comes to Cooney and Griff next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on Bwian............you know we are on the verge of something special, sign and lets get on with it. I need to start making plans for next years GF
    Get along liddle doggy... get along!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rohanj View Post
    Agree although from our end it would seem it may take more than that to sort it through.

Really hope that everything that could've been done through the season to re-sign Brian was explored as it would seem on the outside at least to have been somewhat mis-managed to get to this point. I may get shouted down for this opinion but I do hope at least that we can take a learning from it to mitigate a similar risk when it comes to Cooney and Griff next year.
    Bryza has said all year that he wasn't going to do anything until the end of the year. I reckon they did OK given his insistence on this. Now we just need the hot tip (him signing tomorrrow!) to be accurate.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Ox was on the money!
    Just how often is his mail wrong?, he seems pretty good to me.