Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flexibility key to Everitt's Dog future

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    IMO we all need to stop blaming the manager and start putting some responsibility on these grown men.
    Whilst I agree with you that the managers are not 100% responsible, or perhaps even close to 50% - but in Everitt's case, he's hardly a grown man, he's still a kid. As far as business suave and knowledge regarding a contract, these kids are immature and have little knowledge, so they require and receive assistance from those who know more and can provide them with some options and advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Like Solicitors in divorce cases, always trying to get more, fair is not a word they know of.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Like Solicitors in divorce cases, always trying to get more, fair is not a word they know of.
    Not sure their would be anything in it for Ricky as The Dre already had a two year deal stitched up.
    If he moved club , wouldn't he still be on the same amount of dollars ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Not sure their would be anything in it for Ricky as The Dre already had a two year deal stitched up.
    If he moved club , wouldn't he still be on the same amount of dollars ?
    If he moved to a club & played more senior games, he'd earn more money & the commission payable to his manager would be greater.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    If he moved to a club & played more senior games, he'd earn more money & the commission payable to his manager would be greater.
    Thankyou TCD.
    Of course, I should have thought of that.
    And here I was thinking Ricky might of had his clients playing future in mind.
    Lucky I'm not a manager.
    Although I would try and talk all the talented players to play with the Dog's for next to nothing.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

So, they earn commission on senior games played etc? Interesting. Perhaps like the financial services industry it's time for an over-haul and a fee for service system, and a move away from commission. No doubt that played some part in Sam Reid's manager wanting 'more senior opportunities' for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    So, they earn commission on senior games played etc? Interesting. Perhaps like the financial services industry it's time for an over-haul and a fee for service system, and a move away from commission. No doubt that played some part in Sam Reid's manager wanting 'more senior opportunities' for him.
    I think that was driven by Sam a little. I think he was disappointed that a few others got opportunities ahead of him when his form suggested he should have been given a senior game first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    No his next contract would be greater so he'd earn more. Or Everitt would get paid more for playing more games which means that his manager would get x% of that.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Everitt could make a really good tall marking winger floating around a bit like Hill but being more on the defensive side.
    He showed he could do that but his body hasnt grown into a one on one option, but as a winger it means he isnt playing on bigger built players and could do most opposition wingers in the air i would think.
    I think he reads the play well but just gets bundled out the way at times due to his build.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I think Everitt could make a really good tall marking winger floating around a bit like Hill but being more on the defensive side.
    He showed he could do that but his body hasnt grown into a one on one option, but as a winger it means he isnt playing on bigger built players and could do most opposition wingers in the air i would think.
    I think he reads the play well but just gets bundled out the way at times due to his build.
    He would also be hard to match up in that role, could give the opposition a headache
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that the club would offer him up as a trade after having just signed Everitt for a further two years. The truth of the matter was that with a big increase in Lake's contract and the decision of Aker to play on the club ran into salary cap issues. Given our ageing list it could be a good thing that Everitt has been retained. The final game against Collingwood did show that he is capable of much better things.