Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Leon Camerons list assessment

Click here

Too many to quote but I will put in the one I found most interesting.

James Mulligan
    We're going to elevate him up because he showed some good signs as a key defender. Bit by bit, he's taken some steps. He needs to work really hard, and he's another player that will really help us as a third tall in defence because it will release Dale Morris. He's one we're looking to play next year.

Ayce Cordy
    It was a tough year for him because he had shoulder, knee and back problems. He lacked training continuity and in the middle of the year, he started to find it hard in terms of the whole commitment with training each day and getting up each weekend. But he's a great kid and does a lot of things right, and we're really looking forward to his second pre-season. We always knew it would take time with him, and he has put on 11kg and grown a centimetre.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leon Camerons list assessment

11kg's!!!!!

Hopefully this is accurate:

Jarrad Grant
    He struggled in his second year. He's getting better but he needs to work on his body. He's a good young kid, he's heading in the right direction, but it's just going to take a bit longer. He realises how hard he's got to work to make it.

Post Thanks / Like

He has gone from match stick to bean pole.

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting read about Mulligan, didn't think he was that close to senior selection.

Would they mean home & away games, or NAB Cup?

Post Thanks / Like

Mulligan is from the Gold Coast, so it would be good to get him on a 2/3 year deal, NOW!

He will be insurance if Williams breaks down again, or if Lake/Morris gets injured

Now that Wight/O'Shea are off the list, apart from Boumann and Tiller we are looking a little lean for medium/large defenders

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    Mulligan is from the Gold Coast, so it would be good to get him on a 2/3 year deal, NOW!
    Mulligan is a pretty raw prospect and as Cameron says he is going to have to work very hard to make it happen - the ball is in Mulligans court, a 1 year deal is fine in my eyes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post

He will be insurance if Williams breaks down again, or if Lake/Morris gets injured

Now that Wight/O'Shea are off the list, apart from Boumann and Tiller we are looking a little lean for medium/large defenders
    In two years he hasn't done that much on the field and I think he would be ecstatic to be added to the senior list. I wouldn't be rushing into signing him for 3 years just because of the Gold Coast side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    In two years he hasn't done that much on the field and I think he would be ecstatic to be added to the senior list. I wouldn't be rushing into signing him for 3 years just because of the Gold Coast side.
    Having him un-contracted with GC coming in might actually work to our favour.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Exactly. If it came down to them attracting a local boy back home I'd rather Mulligan than Reid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    That's what I was thinking. I would much rather loose him as the uncontracted player than some of the other possibilities.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nawrocki View Post
    That's what I was thinking. I would much rather loose him as the uncontracted player than some of the other possibilities.
    If he has been offered a 2 year contract as reported then he can't be 'stolen' by GC anyway, so that doesn't help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    If he has been offered a 2 year contract as reported then he can't be 'stolen' by GC anyway, so that doesn't help.
    Thanks for the insight Sockeye. There goes my theory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nawrocki View Post
    Thanks for the insight Sockeye. There goes my theory.
    But we could trade him for a decent draft pick if we felt inclined, particularly if the 'go home' factor is an issue.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    But we could trade him for a decent draft pick if we felt inclined, particularly if the 'go home' factor is an issue.
    This is true but are we still talking about Mulligan here? He has done nothing that would make a club come offering decent draft picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    This is true but are we still talking about Mulligan here? He has done nothing that would make a club come offering decent draft picks.
    Scotty Clatyon likes him. Tenuous, I know, but you never know.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!