Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Making 2010 GF a must for Dogs: Eade

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post

Unless we focus on playing at that level consistently talk of a GF IMHO is meaningless. Some would argue we went close this year, but we didn't have the necessary base and it showed when push came to shove.
    What showed?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    What showed?
    That we couldn't get over the line when even when we played better than the opposition.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    No chance of that. We have a mature list who realise that their chances of getting into the grand final depend on them playing at their best. There's plenty of incentives for them to attack the season very positively
    I'd like to agree with you but can't. The semi final against Geelong was that chance and several senior players didn't take it.

While I remain optimistic about our prospect in 2010 we will need more than this. The senior group have shown they can get us to prelims. What will be the difference that can get us to the Granny? It has to come from somewhere else within the group I think.

Post Thanks / Like

That we couldn't get over the line when even when we played better than the opposition.
    Not sure how you can attribute poor conversion & being on the rough end of some pretty poor umpiring to our team not having a solid base laid down.

In many respects and bar the West Coast game late in the season (which probably was the kick in the pants we needed in retrospect) we went into the finals with as solid a foundation as any other side that realistically had a chance at winning the GF (the top 4 teams)

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the idea of focussing on an end point can take attention away from the means needed to get there.

At this stage I'm not convinced a GF is what we should be focussing on. We were pretty poor at times in 2009 although at others we showed a capacity to match the best over a number of weeks.

Unless we focus on playing at that level consistently talk of a GF IMHO is meaningless. Some would argue we went close this year, but we didn't have the necessary base and it showed when push came to shove.

And so the NEGATIVITY has started and it's only OCTOBER

Have a bit of FAITH for goodness sake

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PWebb View Post
    And so the NEGATIVITY has started and it's only OCTOBER

Have a bit of FAITH for goodness sake
    I don't see how calls to improve can be construed as negative. Not that different to what Eade has said.