Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Eade says Everitt must earn his spot next year

Eade says Everitt must earn his spot next year

By Jennifer Witham
    12:02 PM Wed 28 October, 2009

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade says there will be a regular senior spot for Andrejs Everitt next year if the youngster is willing to work for it.

Everitt, 20, floated the idea of changing clubs during trade week after his management informed the Bulldogs he was disappointed with his lack of senior opportunities this year.

The first round draft pick from 2006 played seven games this year, and has played 24 in total since his debut two and a half years ago.

Full article here ...
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eade says Everitt must earn his spot next year

Ayce got taller again?!!

Post Thanks / Like

As per usual, Rocket plays with the straight bat. If Everitt doesn't get the hint from this, he never will.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

What did Everitt expect? To be handed games purely because of his talent? I hope his attiude changes and he has a huge pre-season. Talent's great but if you don't work hard you'll never amount to anything. On the contrary, Boyd and Cross are fine examples of players who are able to get the most out of themselves. Particularly Boyd who would be in the top 15-20 players of the competition.

I like Everitt, so I hope he impresses next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    What did Everitt expect? To be handed games purely because of his talent? I hope his attiude changes and he has a huge pre-season. Talent's great but if you don't work hard you'll never amount to anything. On the contrary, Boyd and Cross are fine examples of players who are able to get the most out of themselves. Particularly Boyd who would be in the top 15-20 players of the competition.

I like Everitt, so I hope he impresses next year.
    I dont think he would have expected to be handed games, but in his first year he played good VFL footy before playing some good senior AFL footy in a team that was struggling.

He was awarded best first year player and handed Chris Grants number after his first year. We were also told by the coaching staff how pleased they were with him, and his attitude. Eade was pretty glowing about him after his first year.

For a variety of reasons he hasn't taken the next step. I think it is safe to say he has now had a reality check about life in the AFL

Post Thanks / Like

Bump.

Great game by Andrejs tonight.

Just dropped him into my super coach team!

Certainty for round 1, well done.

(And yes, I have bagged him on this site before, something I hate doing to any player)