Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rodney Eade: one on one

Rodney Eade: one on one

By Jennifer Witham
    11:32 AM Wed 28 October, 2009

How did you rate this season?
    There were mixed emotions. It was pleasing with what we achieved and how we went about it. All the areas and focus points we wanted to improve in were achieved; it was just disappointing with the result of the last game. If you take the emotion out of it and the disappointment of not making the grand final, it was a pretty successful season, and a pleasing one. Then you've got to put the other hat on and realise we want to go that one step further, and that's what we'll be aiming for next year.

Full Article Here ...
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rodney Eade: one on one

Nice one scraggers

Kept me occupied over lunch as I ate a sandwich

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this Scraggers. A real top article and interview by this jouno. Answered a bucket load of questions and affirmed many views often posed on this site. Only missed an update on where thinking may be at with Cooney and Griffs resigning. The Reid mid season return suggestion posted a few weeks back hopefully is now off the mark with him looking like returning to training by Feb if all goes to plan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Only missed an update on where thinking may be at with Cooney and Griffs resigning.
    Pretty sure Griff is signed on til the end of 2011, I thought he signed a 3 year extension last year??

The Cooney discussions wouldn't have started yet and probably won't until we get back to training in about a months time, but I expect this is be a drawn out affair.

And a little hyphen can be pretty handy along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    The Reid mid season return suggestion posted a few weeks back hopefully is now off the mark with him looking like returning to training by Feb if all goes to plan
    When Sam begins his pre-season in Feb his team-mates will be 3 months into their training and will have their bodies almost ready for the season ahead, Sam (and Tiller) will just be starting and will be along way behind.

I can't see him playing in the Bulldogs colours til perhaps rd 6-8, and perhaps that might just be in a perfect world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    When Sam begins his pre-season in Feb his team-mates will be 3 months into their training and will have their bodies almost ready for the season ahead, Sam (and Tiller) will just be starting and will be along way behind.

I can't see him playing in the Bulldogs colours til perhaps rd 6-8, and perhaps that might just be in a perfect world.
    Yes, and coming back from a serious groin injury, the last thing we will want to do is rush him back into it. I'd be happy if he built up slowly, as the younger blokes do tend to tire as the season goes on.

Post Thanks / Like

Some very interesting points made by Rocket in that article.
    He is quite frank about certain players and their committment as well.

Everitt cops a blast, Mulligan was promoted just because there are no tall defenders in the draft, and not on his merit.

Sounds like Eade will give Easton Wood some game time next year. Will make a good pickup in Dreamteam.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, great article. Refreshing to read openess and honesty (we hope) in an article.

Great change from the normal safe as houses middle of the road stuff.

The Everitt dig would be raised in public as a deliberate ploy by Rocket to let him know he's serious.

Andrejs has two choices now, harden up or go away. Hopefully he takes it on board and busts his gut.

>>>>>Flash Forward 10 years, Brownlow Medallist and 3 times Premiership Player, twice AA and Premiership Captain of the Dogs writes in his memoirs "one year Rocket gave me a real bake in the Media and said i wasn't trying hard enough. At first I hated the man and wanted to leave. Then a few of the Senior Players at the club took me out for a meal and spoke to me about life and footy at length. Though I didn't realise it at the time, what Rocket did was the best thing he could have done. He shook me out of a rut, and then gave me plenty of chances to prove to him, my team mates and myself that I was good enough"

(It's nice to dream...........)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Agreed, great article. Refreshing to read openess and honesty (we hope) in an article.
    Agreed, probably one of the best articles I've read this year - very detailed. I might re-read it over lunch again tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    I think this is a common theme with the articles/ interviews that have come out in Rocket's time at the helm. The player profile write-ups in the Bulldogs magazine put out at the beginning of this year had some brutally honest appraisals of some of our players which were great to read and quite different to the atypical 'airy-fairy' comments which are the norm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    The player profile write-ups in the Bulldogs magazine put out at the beginning of this year had some brutally honest appraisals of some of our players which were great to read and quite different to the atypical 'airy-fairy' comments which are the norm.
    From memory, Rocket came in off the Michael Holding run-up with his profile of Callan Ward at the start of the year, and if it was a deliberate ploy, it most certainly had the desired effect on his 2009 season. Hopefully Everitt can similarly rise to the challenge set out by his coach in 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

After reading the list of who is having op's and what they are having done.....you'd have to ask why would you want to become an AFL footballer??

That said.....great article.....am getting excited about 2010 already!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    From memory, Rocket came in off the Michael Holding run-up with his profile of Callan Ward at the start of the year, and if it was a deliberate ploy, it most certainly had the desired effect on his 2009 season. Hopefully Everitt can similarly rise to the challenge set out by his coach in 2010.
    Nice reference, Ward has had an outstanding year.

Post Thanks / Like

So much for the round 1 2010 thread - good news on the injury front
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Who would have thought someone as tall as Mulligan would be the fastest at the club!Pretty frank interview with more a slight kick up the arse for Andrejs.Needs a cup of concrete urgently

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Who would have thought someone as tall as Mulligan would be the fastest at the club!Pretty frank interview with more a slight kick up the arse for Andrejs.Needs a cup of concrete urgently
    Eh. I swear club's throw that line out for every tall player on their list.

At one stage Wight was the fastest, then it became Williams, Boumann and now Mulligan. I would bet on Boumann being faster than all three.