Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sam Newman, Garry Lyon face Supreme Court grilling in Susan Alberti defamation su

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    They can fondle boobs any time they want.
    Despite myself, I'm ashamed to admit, I laughed a bit at this.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sam Newman, Garry Lyon face Supreme Court grilling in Susan Alberti defamation su

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Good post and this is what I was alluding to.

Younger girls especially are given an arm chair ride. I have plenty of female friends who literally have jobs thrown at them. No such luck for the males. In the actual jobs themselves, they're generally given more leniency too. I've experienced it, heard it and seen it all a hundred times. Pretty fair to say that's why I can't stand listening to the whole "women aren't getting equal rights" line.

Take night clubs/bars for example. Majority of girls don't have to line-up nor pay the same price as men. They walk straight in and a lot of places have two different prices. (Some even free before a certain time).

The parenting custody is a huge one, too. Again I've seen first hand a few of these examples through close friends. It's ridiculous.

I don't hear any complaining about equal rights in any of those cases.

Note: I am not a "woman hater" of any kind. Just don't buy into this whole crap when there's plenty of examples for the other side of the coin, too.

Just through the newspapers/radio I've heard her speak a couple of times about it in the last two years.
    Another personal example is trying to take annual leave in school xmas holidays. Females always get preference, they just say "Kids are home I'm not going to at work then". Not so if you're a bloke. I got jack of this, spoke to my superior-female- she agreed and just said to the lovely ladies: "Tough titties. You've had Xmas off 5 years straight"

Its now a question of the pendulum having swung too far. I've always believed in people being give a go according to merit, whether thats in sport, or life in general. I couldn't give a stuff if you're male, female, black, white, jew, muslim or christian. But being chosen as the best person for the job just because you're female is not on.

Its a fact of life that women will do some jobs better than men, and men will do others better. Most of this due to natural biology. I'd wish the feminasties would just accept it and MOVE on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stefcep View Post

Its a fact of life that women will do some jobs better than men, and men will do others better. Most of this due to natural biology. I'd wish the feminasties would just accept it and MOVE on.
    Absolutely spot on.

Discussion finished on my end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bulldog4life
    That is a sweeping statement. Could you please elaborate and give me some examples.

[QUOTE=The Bulldogs Bite;124687]
    Just through the newspapers/radio I've heard her speak a couple of times about it in the last two years.

That is not like you BB to give such a simplistic reply. You usually are a lot more thorough in your explanations. I believe that if in your perspective Sue Alberti always looks for compensation you surely must be able to quote at least one other time when this happened.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Absolutely spot on.

Discussion finished on my end.
    Clearly acting the fool every week on GTV9 is one of those jobs that men do best.

Post Thanks / Like

This is turning into a touchy subject. My first reaction was toughen up princess but with recent events there is definately a need to promote more respect for women from figureheads of the football community. Very hard to believe out of 30 odd fellas that none of them did something to help the situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    My first reaction was toughen up princess but with recent events there is definately a need to promote more respect for women from figureheads of the football community.
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    And if she does, I'll have a side bet she sends the money off to her favourite charity
    Agree with both, but it seems to me the court system is being used to prove a political point rather than seek compensation for loss of earnings resulting from character assassination, that is where she has lost me
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    Agree with both, but it seems to me the court system is being used to prove a political point rather than seek compensation for loss of earnings resulting from character assassination, that is where she has lost me
    Hardly a political point more a moral and sexist one. A lesson that recent events show that a number of people in football need to learn.
    Good on her.

Post Thanks / Like

Good on Susan for taking it up to Sam Newman and the rest of those nobs!

Disappointed with some of the comments here. Stefcep - your company probably said that women were better at customer service, but the reality is men won't work in casual poorly paid areas such as customer service. Every year the stats still come out that women are not paid equally to men. I have seen it first hand with two identical jobs with two different titles paid at different rates of pay because one is a woman and one is man!

As for taking leave because the kids are sick - women complain all the time that it is left to them to have to take leave from their jobs, two parents should share the responsiblity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogs_r_barking View Post
    Good on Susan for taking it up to Sam Newman and the rest of those nobs!

As for taking leave because the kids are sick - women complain all the time that it is left to them to have to take leave from their jobs, two parents should share the responsiblity.
    At least you got part of it right.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    That is not like you BB to give such a simplistic reply. You usually are a lot more thorough in your explanations. I believe that if in your perspective Sue Alberti always looks for compensation you surely must be able to quote at least one other time when this happened.
    I don't have any sort of link to an article or hard evidence of radio to show. I'm just going by memory as I've heard and read snippets over the last two years every now and again. There's a few things on google from a brief look though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Ha!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Your beautiful bride would never complain.

What are you doing on Woof anyway? Haven't you got work to do?

LOOKOUT! SHE'S COMING BACK!!!

*Sound of KT31 logging off and getting out the vacuum cleaner*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    And if she does, I'll have a side bet she sends the money off to her favourite charity
    And the Western Bulldogs would be right up there as a favourite charity cause along with the Womens Football League which Sue also supports generously.

I can't really see what Sam Newman's regular sexist, racist and minority group taunting has to do with the now expanded topic of equal opportunity in the workplace or family court decisions etc. They are separate and more complex issues in their own right.

Personally I see Sue's action as one more for the minorities he regularly defames and exploits. I hope the court finds in her favour and I agree any compensation awarded will no doubt be received by a worthy cause.

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot believe some of the rampant misogynism on this thread, and I'm a bloke!
    There is no genuine debate here ....get real and lift your game fellow woofers!!!!!!!