Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  433
Page 70 of 92 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1368
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ekers

Great work by Tom Campbell to extend his career at North and really push towards eker legend status. Multiple clubs are a common trait amongst the greatest ekers.

2. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With Campbell gone who is our nominated eker?

I'm thinking Webb is probably best qualified with 24 games across 4 seasons and unlikely to add many (if any) games this season due to his unfortunate injury.

Roberts rates a mention with 49 games over 7 seasons (who knew he had been on the list that long?). His excellent 2016 season with 18 games probably saves him here.

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on which way you look at it . Is it good to have an Eker or not ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

I'm thinking Webb is probably best qualified with 24 games across 4 seasons and unlikely to add many (if any) games this season due to his unfortunate injury.

Roberts rates a mention with 49 games over 7 seasons (who knew he had been on the list that long?). His excellent 2016 season with 18 games probably saves him here.
    Roberts is a fantastic nomination - hes a premiership playing eker - a model for others to aspire to

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Roberts is a fantastic nomination - hes a premiership playing eker - a model for others to aspire to
    Definitely Roberts IMO.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

A new year and a new list...

Crows- Cam Ellis Yolmen (8 years in system for 29 games. Massive bonus points for delisted then re-draft as rookie)
    Lions- Josh Walker (8 years, 2 clubs, classic tall switchman Eker)
    Blues- Andew Phillips (8 years for 37 games at two clubs. The main sub-species of Eker, the journeyman back up ruck)
    Pies- Lynden Dunn (feel bad post knee but a true survivor, it's a badge of honour with him)
    Dons- Shaun McKernan (11 years, 63 games, 2 clubs)
    Freo- Shane Kersten
    Cats- Gary Rohan (keeps getting rated as explosive and dangerous without ever getting near it, good on him)
    Suns- Anthony Miles (8 years, 3 clubs, 72 games)
    GWS- Dawson Simpson (the King of all Ekers. 13 years as a back up ruckman for 40 games at two clubs)
    Hawks- Jonathon Ceglar
    North- Tom Campbell
    Dees- Sam Frost
    Port- Trent McKenzie
    Tigers- Mav Weller
    Saints- Sam Rowe (super bonus picks due to SSP)
    Swans- Jackson Thurlow
    Eagles- Fraser McInnes (8 years, 14 games, delisted and re-draft as a rookie)
    Bulldogs- Fletcher Roberts
    Last edited by Rocco Jones; 30-03-2019 at 09:57 PM.

8. Thanks bulldogtragic, jeemak, Happy Days thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Roberts has to take some heart out of that. Our Eker for sure, but a one club, premiership player Eker. Does that him the best current Eker, if there's such a thing? He's a free agent this year!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

GWS- Dawson Simpson (the King of all Ekers. 13 years as a back up ruckman for 40 games at two clubs)that's incredible. He's like that office worker who just does enough to keep his super kicking over and long service.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    GWS- Dawson Simpson (the King of all Ekers. 13 years as a back up ruckman for 40 games at two clubs)that's incredible. He's like that office worker who just does enough to keep his super kicking over and long service.
    Or he's the guy hanging around daring the company to make him redundant (without being bad enough to dismiss) while the company overlooks him for redundancy because he's been there for decades and would cost a small fortune to get rid of.

12. Likes bulldogtragic, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Harsh on Melksham, he's a level above an eker IMO

Preuss maybe a better selection
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Harsh on Melksham, he's a level above an eker IMO

Preuss maybe a better selection
    Hmm, maybe. I just think Preuss is a bit young for a ruckman still but I get it. By the way, Eker is not meant to be a purely insulting term. It just means a player has never really hit star/gun status.

OK I am going with Sam Frost.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input Rocco. You have an unmatched knowledge of each team's list and of player movements. If not for you I would never have heard of some of these players. Dawson Simpson is now the Eker's Eker. But can he ever aspire to the peak of flat lining achieved by the great Daniel Currie? For mine, the jury is still out.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I consider myself a bit of a footy nerd, could run through most current afl lists...but who the $#!@ is Fraser McInnes? 8 YEARS?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Thanks for the input Rocco. You have an unmatched knowledge of each team's list and of player movements. If not for you I would never have heard of some of these players. Dawson Simpson is now the Eker's Eker. But can he ever aspire to the peak of flat lining achieved by the great Daniel Currie? For mine, the jury is still out.
    Currie is still the undisputed Eker champion but Simpson can't be that far off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Or he's the guy hanging around daring the company to make him redundant (without being bad enough to dismiss) while the company overlooks him for redundancy because he's been there for decades and would cost a small fortune to get rid of.
    Good one! As the back up ruck, maybe he is like the only guy in the office who knows microsoft excel, so he keeps getting his contract renewed. I've worked with a few guys like that in my time. He's got one skill to pay many bills.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

19. Thanks Testekill thanked for this post