Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  433
Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ekers

Another Eker bites the dust, Brad Fisher this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Another Eker bites the dust, Brad Fisher this time.
    Oh dear, we're losing them at a rate of knots this year, we may even need to view mire harshly what constitutes an Eker.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently for some reason Michael Newton has been given another season at Melbourne on the rookie list, defies logic, surely the new King of Ekerdom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Apparently for some reason Michael Newton has been given another season at Melbourne on the rookie list, defies logic, surely the new King of Ekerdom.
    Go Juice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Chris from Camberwell will be the happiest man on radio

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the new additions to the eker hall of fame, Matt Spangher, Ryan Gamble and Dean Polo. Congrats also to Danny Meyer who has been upgraded to Port's main list and looks set for at least another year of ekerdom.

Post Thanks / Like

If Mitch is rookied would he join the ranks of the ekers? A new type of entry -- a formerly AFL worthy player, now no longer, but still eke-ing out a spot on an AFL list through sheer creativity of the football department and glaring loopholes in AFL administration; how a player who has played over 200 games and is a life member of the club qualifies as a 'rookie' is beyond comprehension.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    If Mitch is rookied would he join the ranks of the ekers? A new type of entry -- a formerly AFL worthy player, now no longer, but still eke-ing out a spot on an AFL list through sheer creativity of the football department and glaring loopholes in AFL administration; how a player who has played over 200 games and is a life member of the club qualifies as a 'rookie' is beyond comprehension.
    Too convoluted. And I could never bring myself to call Mitch and eker. I just couldn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    Too convoluted. And I could never bring myself to call Mitch and eker. I just couldn't.
    Could you bring yourself to call a 29-year old Mitch with 180 AFL games a 'rookie'? That's just as far-fetched.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely an eker if he's rookied. He's 'eking' out another season so he must be an eker.

Post Thanks / Like

Could you bring yourself to call a 29-year old Mitch with 180 AFL games a 'rookie'? That's just as far-fetched.
    True. Sorry I meant to comment on that in my first reply.

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Definitely an eker if he's rookied. He's 'eking' out another season so he must be an eker.
    I.... Just.... Can't....

Post Thanks / Like

If we rookie Ed Barlow, he will be a worthy addition to the eker list for 2011

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...2/default.aspx

Does a leadership group promotion automatically exclude a player from Eker status? Well done to Schulz on resurrecting his almost dead career but I'm not sure a key forward can be described as a 'revelation in attack' and kick only 33 goals for the season?

Post Thanks / Like

Well it is Port they are over the top and 33goals from one player is a revelation to them, who else did they have?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...2/default.aspx

Does a leadership group promotion automatically exclude a player from Eker status? Well done to Schulz on resurrecting his almost dead career but I'm not sure a key forward can be described as a 'revelation in attack' and kick only 33 goals for the season?
    You secretly fist pumped the air when you read this, didn't you?

God help us if Spangher has a good season...

Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.