Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  433
Page 16 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ekers

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    You want left field, I'll give you left field: I nominate James Sherry.

I grew up watching James on Saturday Disney as a youngster. From there he hosted kids game show A*Mazing for many many years, and was then not heard from for a very long time, until emerging as the game day MC at Docklands, where he continues to do some reasonable work.

Would be well into his 40s now I would suspect but still plugging away, making a living.
    I find him really, really irritating. I enjoy watching the big screens in the Victory Room, for the simple fact that I can't hear him.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

You want left field, I'll give you left field: I nominate James Sherry.

I grew up watching James on Saturday Disney as a youngster. From there he hosted kids game show A*Mazing for many many years, and was then not heard from for a very long time, until emerging as the game day MC at Docklands, where he continues to do some reasonable work.

Would be well into his 40s now I would suspect but still plugging away, making a living.
    Hahahaha, genius! That is absolute gold.

James Sherry should be the MC for the most ordinary night of nights, The Rhino!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Hahahaha, genius! That is absolute gold.

James Sherry should be the MC for the most ordinary night of nights, The Rhino!
    Glad he meets with your approval.

While I'm on a roll, for the Journo covering the 'Rhino', I nominate Mark Doran. Boundary rider for 7 for many years before they lost the coverage, his own show on SEN for a couple of years before he was canned, back to being a footy reporter on 7 News. Still getting by.

Post Thanks / Like

While I'm on a roll, for the Journo covering the 'Rhino', I nominate Mark Doran. Boundary rider for 7 for many years before they lost the coverage, his own show on SEN for a couple of years before he was canned, back to being a footy reporter on 7 News. Still getting by.
    Hahaha, you definitely have a knack for this. Loving your work!

Post Thanks / Like

Ringo Starr

Post Thanks / Like

No disrespect and I loved the guy, Bill Hunter, seemed like he was in every Aussie movie ever made for 30 years but never seemed to get a huge part or a big mention.
    P.S I was saying this to friends over the last 5 years that I thought he was the true Australian actor, never left Australia to become a mercanary, just plugged away in the good old reliable Australian way.
    A true eker for 30 years or more.

Post Thanks / Like

Craing Willis has eked a good 25 year career in the AFL doing very little apart from making various announcements into a microphone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Craing Willis has eked a good 25 year career in the AFL doing very little apart from making various announcements into a microphone.
    Not only that, but he sometimes gets flown from the afternoon match in one state, to the night match in another, to do the announcements (pretty sure it happened on Anzac Day this year). Surely there are other people who can do the job. It's not exactly an elite field.

Post Thanks / Like

Saints- Jason Blake: Ross Lyon is to Ekers what Oscar Schindler was to the Jews during the holocaust. You are a great friend to the cause Ross.
    I just re read that post properly and had to try very hard not to burst out laughing as the little one is having her afternoon nap.

Absolute quality.

Post Thanks / Like

If we are going for Journo's can we add Jason Bennett to the list. He eked out an appauling foxsports career and is now eking for the NFL. I call eker due to the impressive lack of impact on the footy public he managed in his various enterprises. Eked out a truely aweful interview show the name of which I have thankfully blanked from my mind....

Post Thanks / Like

Well done to Jay Schulz. 7 goals on the weekend and signed a contract today.

Keep on Ekin'!

Post Thanks / Like

Keep on Ekin'!
    Didn't he play a similar match when he was at the Tigers? kicked a massive bag, may have been 7 as well IIRC. Could even have been against the Lions too.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep on Ekin'!
    Been a good week for 'my boys'. Schulz gets another contract while Spangher makes his long-awaited debut for the Swans, which will only be his 27th game since being drafted in 2005 - in true eker fashion he has a contract next season as well.
    Last edited by Sedat; 08-07-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Paul Johnson surely goes into eker hall of fame territory after somehow getting a game for his 3rd AFL club, Hawthorn, on the weekend. I had no idea he was still on an AFL list, and in true eker fashion he wore a ridiculously high jumper number.

Post Thanks / Like

No one has mentioned Leigh Brown's upcoming retirement!!