Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  433
Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ekers

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Great story. I know he was not much chop for us but I loved some of his efforts in late 2009.

Clearly he is in good form to be getting a game for GWS right now.
    Yep, played a really good game against Geel late in the season where he cut out Jimmy Bartel and got a bit of it himself.. He gave off a handball when under the pump that the Bont would be proud of.. Hope he goes well.

Post Thanks / Like

May Sam J have a solid career with no decent performances against the Dawgs. Well done to him, that's some persistence right there, and a mighty beard.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

With Scott Lycett dropped for disciplinary reasons and NicNat injured, Jonathan Giles will play his first game for his 4th club on the weekend.

4. Likes N/A, hujsh, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    With Scott Lycett dropped for disciplinary reasons and NicNat injured, Jonathan Giles will play his first game for his 4th club on the weekend.
    That is some serious eking. Must confess I've never heard of him. Guess flying below the radar is a strong part of his skill set along with currying favour and flattering to decieve. Looks like his been on a torturous journey - four clubs. When did he debut?
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Was on Ports list but never played a game.

Was part of GWS' inargrual list and played 3 seasons before falling behind Mumford in the pecking order.

Was traded to Essendon and played 3 games for them, before being traded again to West Coast.

Post Thanks / Like

Just one more club to equal the record of 5 AFL teams. Maybe Dale Kickett should be his idol about what his five club might bring him:

Kickett: Fitzroy (15), WCE (2), St Kilda (21), 1 year at State League Claremont, Essendon (8) & Fremantle (135)
    Giles: Port Adelaide (0), 1 year as State League Sturt, GWS (51), Essendon (3) & WCE (1*)

I nominate Brisbane or GCS so he can take the title of the first and only ever player to play in all 5 AFL states.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I love this thread.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes JohnGentStand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Jonathan Giles is related to Ashley Giles? Uncle Ashley was a international cricketing eker if ever there was one. He went on tour after tour taking second place behind the big stars like Monty Panesar and Graeme Onions and doing all of his bowling in the nets.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I wonder if Jonathan Giles is related to Ashley Giles? Uncle Ashley was a international cricketing eker if ever there was one. He went on tour after tour taking second place behind the big stars like Monty Panesar and Graeme Onions and doing all of his bowling in the nets.
    Helped win the Ashes and got a knighthood. Does that diminish or enhance his eker status?

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely enhances it.

Paul Collingwood got that knighthood as well, don't forget.

Post Thanks / Like

Paul would have got it because eddie would have gone over and pushed the point that Collingwood means ultimate in everything .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely enhances it.

We're at 50 pages on the footy ekers thread - I reckon we could double it for cricket ekers.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely enhances it.

And the bloke who fielded while the bowlers got massages. Ran out Ponting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    We're at 50 pages on the footy ekers thread - I reckon we could double it for cricket ekers.
    Collingwood was at least a decent short form player. Giles was rubbish irrespective of how long the match lasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Cricket ekers - Andrew Zesers. But let's not get started on this one. Although it might be the only vehicle by which the name, Denis Yagmich, gets an airing.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."