Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  433
Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ekers

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I mentioned Jamar was on notice earlier in the season. Much like Harbrow, Jamar has turned his back on us when no one believed in him (including us but that's kinda the point). Mark Jamar suddenly thinks he is too good to be an Aker with his All-Australian selection and such. I hope having a quality career satisfies you Mark.
    When is his book coming out?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I mentioned Jamar was on notice earlier in the season. Much like Harbrow, Jamar has turned his back on us when no one believed in him (including us but that's kinda the point). Mark Jamar suddenly thinks he is too good to be an Aker with his All-Australian selection and such. I hope having a quality career satisfies you Mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    When is his book coming out?
    Damn, beat me to it!!

I've been absolutely astounded by Leigh Brown this year. I don't think I've seen such an ordinary player become such a key in a potentially premiership winning side.

He is what all Ekers should aspire to.

Post Thanks / Like

Woops

Anyway, it is my honour and privilege to announce the 2010 Luke 'Rhino' O'Sullivan medal for the best and Ekerest player.

Mark Jamar has the best player who started the season as an Eker but his All-Australian form means he is no longer an Eker and therefore ineligible.

Coming in 2nd was Wayde Skipper who ended up a regular at the Hawks after years of doing very little at the Dogs.

But there was a standout for the award this season for me and that's Leigh Brown. At his third club, Brown has cemented his spot in the best team in the comp through typical Eker performances. He shows that you can perform without forgetting your Eker roots. Take note Mark Jamar.

2010 Luke 'Rhino' O'Sullivan medal

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the contenders for the Shane Ellen medal on Saturday for the best performance by an Eker in an AFL Grand Final.

Ben Johnson, Leigh Brown, Zac Dawson, Jason Blake, Brett Peake, Sean Dempster, Farren Ray, Andrew McQualter and Steve Baker.

The Saints sure do a lot for the Eker movement for back to back Grand Finalists.

Note: If an Eker so happens to win the Norm Smith they will automatically lose their Eker status and there be ineligible to win the Shane Ellen.
    Last edited by Rocco Jones; 24-09-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

You love this stuff Rocco. Just great work.

Post Thanks / Like

2010 Luke 'Rhino' O'Sullivan medal

Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Well deserved....
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the contenders for the Shane Ellen medal on Saturday for the best performance by an Eker in an AFL Grand Final.

Ben Johnson, Leigh Brown, Zac Dawson, Jason Blake, Brett Peake, Sean Dempster, Andrew McQualter and Steve Baker.

The Saints sure do a lot for the Eker movement for back to back Grand Finalists.

Note: If an Eker so happens to win the Norm Smith they will automatically lose their Eker status and there be ineligible to win the Shane Ellen.
    Farren is an eker too isn't he? Or does his high draft pick render him ineligible?

Jason Blake for mine. Best bloke on that list by a mile too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Farren is an eker too isn't he? Or does his high draft pick render him ineligible?

Jason Blake for mine. Best bloke on that list by a mile too.
    Great work Lantern, you truly get what it means to be an Eker. Farren Ray is indeed an Eker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Great work comrade!

Post Thanks / Like

The inaugural Shane Ellen medal goes to Sean Dempster.

Dempster will be playing his 5th Grand Final this week, wow!

Post Thanks / Like

Are you following the AFL's lead and awarding a second O'Sullivan medal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Are you following the AFL's lead and awarding a second O'Sullivan medal?
    The Rhino O'Sullivan medal is our Brownlow and the Shane Ellen is our Norm Smith. I will be awarding a second Shane Ellen medal indeed, so much to play for.

Post Thanks / Like

The Rhino O'Sullivan medal is our Brownlow and the Shane Ellen is our Norm Smith. I will be awarding a second Shane Ellen medal indeed, so much to play for.
    I stand corrected.

Post Thanks / Like

Cameron Cloke has been delisted by Port Power.