Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  433
Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3474757677787980818283848586878889909192 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1368
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The official Sam Reid/Daniel Currie Memorial Eker Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    He's not in Tom Campbell territory but Sam Weideman is moving on up in the eker community. 7 years for 59 games as a non ruckman is some nice ekering. There is some trade talk about him, a move of clubs to continue on his current path could really establish his eker legacy.
    He may be staying at the Dees.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Roarke has 47 games in 7 seasons and I can't see him being delisted.
    He's really starting to play some good football as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Roarke has 47 games in 7 seasons and I can't see him being delisted.
    He's really starting to play some good football as well.
    He is better than a couple who have recently got contract extensions.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

5. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Its almost half way through the season and I thougt will raise some nominations for this year's eker:

Tom Campbell Saints: 31 years old, 52 games , yet to play a game in 2023
    Andrew Phillips : 31 years old, 71 games , 10 games this season

welcome to :
    Charlie Constable, 24 years , former cat, GCS, 16 games , 2 games this 2023 season
    NAthan Kreuger, 23 years,former cat, collingwood 9 games, 2 game this season

Olav Markov, 27 years, former Richmon & Suns, collingwood, 58 games, 8 games 2023 ( named on IC for R11 )
    Last edited by macca; 27-05-2023 at 11:21 PM.

7. Likes EasternWest, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Its almost half way through the season and I thougt will raise some nominations for this year's eker:

Tom Campbell Saints: 31 years old, 52 games , yet to play a game in 2023
    Andrew Phillips : 31 years old, 71 games , 10 games this season

welcome to :
    Charlie Constable, 24 years , former cat, GCS, 16 games , 2 games this 2023 season
    NAthan Kreuger, 23 years,former cat, collingwood 9 games, 2 game this season

Olav Markov, 27 years, former Richmon & Suns, collingwood, 58 games, zero games 2023
    Great noms, but hasn't Markov played a few games this year?
    "It's over. It's all over."

9. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Great noms, but hasn't Markov played a few games this year?
    You right, I will fix the thread. Thats the mystery of Ekers, before you know it they have played half a dozen games . I think the injuries to the pies ruckman helped him fill a defence post. His been picked for round 11, so he may need to be removed from the list...

11. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

58 games as a mature age recruit, over 7 seasons and 3 clubs is still eking, just not Hall of Fame worthy. Markov is a good nomination.

13. Likes macca, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bit disrespectful thinking Tom Campbell needs nominating. His career was literally built for this thread, it was its destiny!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We should add Campbell to the thread title as well just to really pi55 off Rocco

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    58 games as a mature age recruit, over 7 seasons and 3 clubs is still eking, just not Hall of Fame worthy. Markov is a good nomination.
    Oh yeah I'm not knocking the nomination, only that he's hit the field this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ekers

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Berlin has seen some dark days, but none like this.
    Thanks for the belly laugh. This IS the thread that keeps on giving.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I?m getting in early as he?s got another 33 H&A games plus finals to possibly play under contract. My old boy, Josh Schache. As much as it hurts to say it.

Currently has only played 1 game this season for a total of 73 of a possible 165 games (played more games in state leagues) - across three clubs, 8 years and multiple states. Played bits and pieces and varied roles across the ground. 25 years old and will be 27 at the end of his current contract. For a grand total of ONE Brownlow vote.

Value chart: Pick 2 (Lions) > Picks 25 & 40 (Dogs) > Future Fourth (circa pick 70) (Dees)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

20. Likes macca, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Nick Holmnan an eker nomination?
    He was drafted at pick 51, played 9 games for Carlton, went back to the SANFL for two years, then rookied by the Suns for the 2018 season. Just played his 100th, is listed as a 'utility' which is eker speak for 'back-up anywhere on the paddock'
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

22. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Is Nick Holmnan an eker nomination?
    He was drafted at pick 51, played 9 games for Carlton, went back to the SANFL for two years, then rookied by the Suns for the 2018 season. Just played his 100th, is listed as a 'utility' which is eker speak for 'back-up anywhere on the paddock'
    You've just identified another special category for the eker
    Here are some species of ekers I have observed over the years:

Category 1: long term project player , always seems to be on a club list, often going to his 2 or 3rd club i.e ruckman who is given time to mature, maybe a decade or 2 : Andrew Phillips, Daniel Currie ( champion eker) , one of the Cloake brothers
    during his tenor may had picked up a best clubman award or 2.

Category 2: gets delisted, plays local footy, rerookied once or twice, special mentions to Sam Reid, Roarke , Josh Mahoney ( port afl premiership player)

Category 3: his a back up player for backup players, but never seems to get played i.e Tom Campbell ( 3 clubs now? )

Category 4: has been played in multiple positions but just cannot quite seem to keep his spot. Nick Holmann special mention. but this could be a sub category , of #2. Henry playfair( classic example)

Category 5: has all the physical attributes to play afl and threatens to tear AFL games apart but is more regularly causing supporters to tear their hair out due to their $%!%!$% aggression on the ball, for that reason cannot hold his spot: Schache,
    Aaron FRancis and Wiederman.

may have been a first round pick in their draft year, which may attribute to some of their longevity .

Category 6: becomes an eker after joining $!#%S big 4 club : McMahon, Zac Williams, Dylan Shiel. Daniher decided to avoid these symptoms and joined Brisbane to get out of the eker spotlight and try to achieve his potential.

Please share any other taxonomy that woofers have observed in the football career of an eker ?
    Last edited by macca; 30-05-2023 at 04:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    You've just identified another special category for the eker
    Here are some species of ekers I have observed over the years:

Category 1: long term project player , always seems to be on a club list, often going to his 2 or 3rd club i.e ruckman who is given time to mature, maybe a decade or 2 : Andrew Phillips, Daniel Currie ( champion eker) , one of the Cloake brothers
    during his tenor may had picked up a best clubman award or 2.

Category 2: gets delisted, plays local footy, rerookied once or twice, special mentions to Sam Reid, Roarke , Josh Mahoney ( port afl premiership player)

Category 3: his a back up player for backup players, but never seems to get played i.e Tom Campbell ( 3 clubs now? )

Category 4: has been played in multiple positions but just cannot quite seem to keep his spot. Nick Holmann special mention. but this could be a sub category , of #2. Henry playfair( classic example)

Category 5: has all the physical attributes to play afl and threatens to tear AFL games apart but is more regularly causing supporters to tear their hair out due to their $%!%!$% aggression on the ball, for that reason cannot hold his spot: Schache and Wiederman.

Category 6: becomes an eker after joining $!#%S big 4 club : McMahon, Zac Williams, Dylan Shiel,

Please share any other taxonomy that other woofers have observed in the football career of an eker ?
    Macca you've been on fire lately.

25. Thanks macca thanked for this post