Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What Changes Round 9

Only doubtful player is probably McMahon, unless he has recovered. Murphy is still 2 weeks away. If McMahon is ok, I am predicting no changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Changes Round 9

If McMahon misses, in comes either Power or Faulkner.

Post Thanks / Like

Which is more deserving, and appropriate?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Which is more deserving, and appropriate?
    Depends which areas we need to focus on:

Power - if Goodes or O'Keefe are on top Sam could play on either of these 2.

Faulkner - could give us a bit of hardness in the centre if Sydney are getting on top of the clearances.

Post Thanks / Like

Whilst the boy did not do anything wrong I think Robbins has to come in for Harbrow to face Sydney

Robbins was fantastic at the SCG last year

Whilst I didn't see the NAB cup, the suggestion was that McDougall ran with Goodes in it. Would he be fit enough? or considered?

Who might go to Goodes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Whilst the boy did not do anything wrong I think Robbins has to come in for Harbrow to face Sydney

Robbins was fantastic at the SCG last year
    We are not the same team as last year and do not rely on Robbins to kick goals for us like we did then..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We are not the same team as last year and do not rely on Robbins to kick goals for us like we did then..
    I know but I am finding it very hard to let go of Robbins.

I love the way he goes about it. He is a good lead, a very good kick for goal, converts at a high percentage, chases, tackles and pressures the opposition, he's fast, he has a good leap and is capable of a hanger. And he physically is very strong for his size so hes hard to matchup.

I like his selfless team play - I think he would have kicked 55 last year if he hadn't handballed so many off to teammates. If you watch the 2006 highlights DVD and its full of him handballing to Johnson and others running into the open goal etc.

Ok I've said my bit with respect to Robbo - I know things change but I believe this guy is a very good senior AFL player, and find it hard to believe he wont get picked shortly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I know but I am finding it very hard to let go of Robbins.

I love the way he goes about it. He is a good lead, a very good kick for goal, converts at a high percentage, chases, tackles and pressures the opposition, he's fast, he has a good leap and is capable of a hanger. And he physically is very strong for his size so hes hard to matchup.

I like his selfless team play - I think he would have kicked 55 last year if he hadn't handballed so many off to teammates. If you watch the 2006 highlights DVD and its full of him handballing to Johnson and others running into the open goal etc.

Ok I've said my bit with respect to Robbo - I know things change but I believe this guy is a very good senior AFL player, and find it hard to believe he wont get picked shortly.
    I am also a big fan, hopefully he will be back soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am also a big fan, hopefully he will be back soon.
    I am struggling to understand your's and BR's logic here. Taking away the fact that your both big fans of Robbins what will he bring to our side that we dont already have? I just dont see how he can improve the side when we have Johnson, Aker, Gia, Higgins and Cooney all playing very well as small forwards/ onballers.

Post Thanks / Like

I am struggling to understand your's and BR's logic here. Taking away the fact that your both big fans of Robbins what will he bring to our side that we dont already have? I just dont see how he can improve the side when we have Johnson, Aker, Gia, Higgins and Cooney all playing very well as small forwards/ onballers.
    Your right Mantis, I am struggling to find someone to drop. the only thought I had was Cooney to take Eagletons role, Eagles to be dropped and Robbins goes forward. In any case, if there are any injuries we do have players that can come in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Your right Mantis, I am struggling to find someone to drop. the only thought I had was Cooney to take Eagletons role, Eagles to be dropped and Robbins goes forward. In any case, if there are any injuries we do have players that can come in.
    I agree that Robbins is a good depth player, but dont agree with your suggestion in dropping Eagleton to bring him in. Cooney it seems doesn't have the fitness base, due to his interupte pre-season with OP to spend long periods in the midfield. He is only being used in bursts in the middle of the ground to good effect over the past 2 weeks. Up forward he has been very good, is a good lead and mark, an excellent finisher and strong tackler, sounds a bit like Robbins in the past, but he also has the added bonus of his midfield work.

With the addition of Aker and Harbrow to our team as well as the return from injury of Darcy, Hahn, Higgins and Murphy there were always going to changes to our forwardline this year, Robbins is a very solid AFL player, but I think all of these guys offer more in a number of areas than he does.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd consider dropping Harbrow for Robbins so that Gia can spend more time in the middle allowing Robbins to play in the FP.

The one thing that we need to consider with the Swans is that we need a big defensive effort from the forwards to limit the run and drive the Swans normally get from their defence. Robbins offers us that option

We could also consider a tall like Williams for Harbrow if we think we need additional talls to cover the likes of Goodes
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Just read on the WB website that McMahon wont play this week.. Hope Faulkner gets a run, deserves his chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Just read on the WB website that McMahon wont play this week.. Hope Faulkner gets a run, deserves his chance.
    Good call. He's been in good form for a number of weeks.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Robbins is a good depth player, but dont agree with your suggestion in dropping Eagleton to bring him in. Cooney it seems doesn't have the fitness base, due to his interupte pre-season with OP to spend long periods in the midfield. He is only being used in bursts in the middle of the ground to good effect over the past 2 weeks. Up forward he has been very good, is a good lead and mark, an excellent finisher and strong tackler, sounds a bit like Robbins in the past, but he also has the added bonus of his midfield work.

With the addition of Aker and Harbrow to our team as well as the return from injury of Darcy, Hahn, Higgins and Murphy there were always going to changes to our forwardline this year, Robbins is a very solid AFL player, but I think all of these guys offer more in a number of areas than he does.
    You are probably right Mantis that Robbo is not the right player on balance to bring into the team

But I wonder with GVGjr if Harbrow will apply enough defensive pressure this week. But I support the continued grooming of him and he is certainly lively.

Manuka could be a Cam Faulkner game if McMahon is unable to go given Faulkner kicked 3there against the Kangas a few years a go.