Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs sniffing around ex-Lion Rhan Hooper

I tend to agree Lantern, the team had a bolter year but have come down to their real standard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    PHEW!

He's the Hawks problem now.
    Perhaps the Dogs were never interested in Hooper but threw it out there in the hope of muddying the waters a little. Hawthorn were always the keenest on Hooper (especially when Richmond dropped out of the race) but perhaps the Dogs 'interest' in him forced the Hawks to use pick 58 to snare Hooper instead of pick 69 or 70, knowing the Dogs had pick 63 in play. And perhaps the Dogs did this to ensure that Markovic was not going to be selected by Hawthorn at pick 58, leaving him available for us at pick 63. I love a good conspiracy theory

Post Thanks / Like

I think the draft is still an arena for lots of attempts at mind games and many still try to get one up on the opposition. They then entertain coterie groups and the like for decades afterwards with stories about how clever they were.

To my thinking it's a fruitless exercise, but boys will be boys even when their hair is receding.

That said I think we lost any chance of others thinking they know what we are likely to do and hence of taking our predicted intentions into account when we called out our first pick this year.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Perhaps the Dogs were never interested in Hooper but threw it out there in the hope of muddying the waters a little. Hawthorn were always the keenest on Hooper (especially when Richmond dropped out of the race) but perhaps the Dogs 'interest' in him forced the Hawks to use pick 58 to snare Hooper instead of pick 69 or 70, knowing the Dogs had pick 63 in play. And perhaps the Dogs did this to ensure that Markovic was not going to be selected by Hawthorn at pick 58, leaving him available for us at pick 63. I love a good conspiracy theory
    I like it
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    I like it
    It's a touch convoluted but it makes more sense than just about everything thing else in the draft.
    Perhaps I should revise that, does anything make sense in a draft which has such a low success rate?
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler