Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Years of membership

Im a relatively new members compared to some of the others that ave posted on this thread. I became a member in 2001 and will be for the rest of my life.

Charlie the Wonder Dog Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    That'd be the detch, wouldn't it?
    No TCD, "duitch" is the correct pronounciation.

Dogs I'm a North Islander, born in Mangakino raised in the sunny Bay of Plenty (holders of the Ranfurly Shield [briefly in 2004])

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Wonder Dog View Post
    No TCD, "duitch" is the correct pronounciation.

Dogs I'm a North Islander, born in Mangakino raised in the sunny Bay of Plenty (holders of the Ranfurly Shield [briefly in 2004])
    Another one from across the 'duitch' - South Island for me -born and raised in sunny Nelson and later not so sunny Christchurch

I am the oddity in the family, Having a couple of great uncles who were All Blacks and my mums cousin is Brian Lochore (sir if you don't mind) none of the family can understand my defection, fascination - ok let's be honest obsession with the dogs and AFL.

Charlie the Wonder Dog Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dogs_r_barking View Post
    Another one from across the 'duitch' - South Island for me -born and raised in sunny Nelson and later not so sunny Christchurch

I am the oddity in the family, Having a couple of great uncles who were All Blacks and my mums cousin is Brian Lochore (sir if you don't mind) none of the family can understand my defection, fascination - ok let's be honest obsession with the dogs and AFL.

I certainly understand. I rationalise it like this....there is room in my life for two loves, if I can find space in my heart for my wife and Jennifer Hawkins - then I am certainly capable of loving both AFL and Union.

I know I will tear up when I hear the song after the final whistle in the G.F. just as I know I will get goosebumps whenever I hear the haka.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogs_r_barking View Post

Just got back from Dunedin - the land of horizontal drizzle. Had a day of 8 deg in January - how's that for summer?