Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fox Sports Coverage

Agree with all of the above, the coverage was shite.

What they should have done, was what SEN did with the coverage, but with vision, Shifters quick thoughts between selections, later in the draft it slows down a bit anyway, so more time to run through players profiles etc.

Then perhaps a half hour or so afterwards with the interviews, complete wrap up, detailed thoughts with clubs rather than just rushing through them etc etc.

The coverage was supposed to showcase the entire draft, not just the top 10, with a rolling graphic down the bottom with names just appearing, that was hidious.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I didn't watch it!! I heard a little bit on SEN this morning - it sounded even more boring than the Brownlow count!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Agree with all of the above, the coverage was shite.

The coverage was supposed to showcase the entire draft, not just the top 10, with a rolling graphic down the bottom with names just appearing, that was hidious.
    Why a top ten anyway ?
    Seen as we have 16 teams in the competition it should be a top 16.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Why a top ten anyway ?
    Seen as we have 16 teams in the competition it should be a top 16.
    Still wouldn't have covered all the teams, due to teams being rewarded for constant apathy, Melbourne had roughly have the top 20 picks. Should have held the draft at Punt rd. Would have saved them a packet in cab charges.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Rocket View Post
    The kid gets up on stage and says that he's speechless. Son, Melbourne told you that you were the number one draft pick a long time ago. You had time enough to commission a speech, let alone collect your thoughts.
    Jeez, very harsh. In your own words, he is still a kid. And knowing his humble nature, spending the year writing a grand speech for Draft day isn't his style. He's got a whole career ahead to hone his speech-making skills. And he spoke quite well with the panel.

Oh, and did I forget - he's A KID!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Watched a bit on Foxtel. The countdown of the top 10 was a stupid idea, then jumping back to no. 11. The selection of Luke Ball was a "stop press" moment, where one panellist jumped in with the news, whereas they should've cut to the selections at important times - such as, for example, Collingwood's no. 30!

Anyhoo, the draft isn't exactly compelling viewing for me personally, I'm happy to let it happen and find out afterwards which kids we've picked. My personal connection to Scully was the main reason I checked it out this time.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Dunstall thinking Jesse Smith was re-drafted back to the Kangas was slightly funny but the rest of the broadcast was annoying and not informative on the actual draft. I get the feeling Sheehan would have preferred talking about the kids being picked up. As for Lynch & Pickering, I know they're contracted to Fox but I would have thought draft night would be an important time to be with their young clients.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Dunstall thinking Jesse Smith was re-drafted back to the Kangas was slightly funny but the rest of the broadcast was annoying and not informative on the actual draft. I get the feeling Sheehan would have preferred talking about the kids being picked up. As for Lynch & Pickering, I know they're contracted to Fox but I would have thought draft night would be an important time to be with their young clients.
    I thought he got Jesse Smith and Joel Smith mixed up and thought he was going back to St.Kilda.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Talk about conflicts Dwayne pipe Russell [pain in the arse] and gerard [fence sitter] healy both stuck up for the Fox sports coverage. Hmmm interesting,both happen to work there

Post Thanks / Like

I got Foxtel installed today, when the technician left I poured myself a cold drink and relaxed for a channel surf.

In one word 'CRAP' if it wasn't for the impending footy season I would not waste my hard earned cash on this rubbish, why in hell am I paying for advertisements. I thought the idea of pay TV was to avoid that nuisance, I hope in the next TV rights that the footy gets better coverage so I can cancel the deal.

I know some people out love it and maybe big TV watchers, but I'm only interested in AFL and a bit of motor racing, life style shows sux big time and I can get movie at the local video shop for $2.

You really paid for a lot of stuff you will never watch, I wish they would have a pay as you watch system like the main event thing, then I could pay for my Doggies game the same if I was going through the turnstile.

Sorry I had to vent, I will be a lot happier come the 12th of Feb and the first bounce of season 2010.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Got Foxtel sorted today for this year..had it last year too. Installation happening Sunday which is pretty fast, surprised me a bit.

Only reason being the Nab Cup is around the corner..and then the real stuff begins. I dont really want it for anything else but what I got included was good value

Basic Package + HD Sports Package on IQ2...$100 Installation..3 Free HD Channels (Nat Geo, Discovery & another I believe) + 3 Vancouver Winter Olympics channels.. $68 p/month ongoing.

Looks like I signed up at the right time...I was paying $66 a month last year for Basic & Sport on IQ1 so cant complain. IQ2 with more space and ability to record 2 channels & watch another..not that id end up ever doing that but good to know.

I believe the Olympics Pack was today only so if anyone is contemplating getting foxtel may aswell get it now. (Dont really care for it but will def be watching the ice hockey)

Post Thanks / Like

gotta put me 2 cents in. Foxtel has been atrocious of late,lost count the amount of times I've channel surfed the sports channels and have not been remotely interested in the content!!If it wasn't for the Footy,world game and the occasional Aussier cricket tour I'd give it the ARSE!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Had Foxtel a couple of times and have it currently. We've got the Platinum package and get a couple of free Box Office movies a month. Had a few other little things too but they 'expired' the other day.

In comparison with free to air, it's great. However they seem to be incorporating more advertisements (including during programs) than they used to. It's a little repeatitive at times and in the off season, Fox Sports sucks outside of A-League/EPL.

I wish they still had the Fox Footy channels. That was great, could always watch something AFL. Only a couple of times a week do they show AFL matches at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I wish they still had the Fox Footy channels. That was great, could always watch something AFL. Only a couple of times a week do they show AFL matches at the moment.
    Yeah I miss FoxFooty..Footy 24/7, how it should be.

Got a feeling Foxtel is going to lose out big time in the next tv rights, which I will happily give up if they decrease live games from say 4 to 2 a week..If the dogs play interstate live theres always the pub

Post Thanks / Like

On the subject of Foxtel, I was watching Fox Sports News last night, and they had 'the first part of an exclusive interview series with Rodney Eade' on. It was just in the middle of a news bulletin, and I only caught the second half of it. Didn't say too much of importance, but wondering if anyone saw the whole thing?