Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Moments you won't forget

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Thank God. I was starting to think I had imagined it.
    They may have even used that cow bell for herding us off the ground at half time for the little league at Whitten Oval, although i was so young & shell shocked at the time, being that small kid that gets zero posessions and walks off all covered in mud, it may have just been in my mind!

Post Thanks / Like

My favourite non bulldog moment was at the G in 1989. Gary Ablett Snr vs Collingwood. Ablett flew for a mark at CHF at the Punt Rd end. Gathered he ball on the ground, evaded 2 collingwood defenders than goaled from 50. There was a group of us there and all we did was clap and shook our heads. Later that weekend I saw the replay and Sandy Roberts came up with "What more can you say". Summed it up perfectly.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Pretty sure this started in 93 at the MCG. Round 16 game with Paul Salmon kicking the winning goal for a 2 point win.
    You know, I think you might be right. Memory is a hazy thing. Perhaps what I thought I remembered quite distinctly was not the first time it ever occurred but the first time Essendon won a game at Subi after the jacket waving tradition had commenced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    They may have even used that cow bell for herding us off the ground at half time for the little league at Whitten Oval, although i was so young & shell shocked at the time, being that small kid that gets zero posessions and walks off all covered in mud, it may have just been in my mind!

You're right, I think they did use the cow bell for the little league.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I was outside having a smoke during the interval at a Judas Priest concert last year when Collingwood lost to StKilda. All the pie fans were filing despondently past the fenced off smoking area when somehow a chant started up, ''Losers! Losers!....'' Close to 500 metalheads began bagging the magpie fans with most doing the pointed gesture in time with the chant as well. Surreal but totally priceless!
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 13-12-2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: grammar

Post Thanks / Like

Came down from Sydney for last game at Western Oval in '97. Thrashed West Coast and still cried my eyes out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post

A rather young Plugger sitting on Tits Kennedy, Barkly St. end pounding his fists into his head, there would have been at least a dozen strikes to the head, yet, Tits gets up and shakes it off...tuff nut!

An 18 year old Scotty West kicking 6 goals in a game, Del Re also had a day out that day.
    It was an incredible to sight to see Tits and Plugger going at it

If my memory is correct I think West kicked 7

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post

6 V Essendon in '93 at Western Oval. I think it was '93-Sockeye will remember for sure. The week after V West Coast Worsfold and co got stuck into him. Some of the other Bulldogs saw that and that's why Gardiner copped it in'97 at Western Oval from Kretiuk and Dent in one of his first games.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    It was an incredible to sight to see Tits and Plugger going at it

Westy definatly kicked 6

Round 5, 1993 @ Whitten Oval
    'Scray - 20.7.127
    Essendon - 11.15.81

Douggie gets the quick on field interview after the game, yet keeps his mouth guard in and sounds half tanked!