Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Moments you won't forget

The game against Adelaide in 2006.

We came into the game as the underdogs. Adelaide were near the top of the ladder and nearly every player on our list was carrying some kind of injury. At half time we were close to 40 points down, yet we managed to dig deep and pull off a great comeback to win by 7 points. This game secured us a place in the finals for the first time in six years.

The odds were against us, but our determination won us the game. In my time following the dogs there have been very few games better than this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Glen Coleman knocking out the pointpost was a classic - unlike Leigh Matthews' post-break (which was structural damage to me), Galazy just polaxed it completely from the base; the crowd parted like the red sea as it fell. Sticking the little league post in looked ridiculous and funny at the same time.
    One of my most vivid memories from football as a youngster. I remember the little league post was also on a 30 -40 degree angle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That was a great day!
    I was there. A good day in a terrible period for the club. Not sure I could call in it a great day in hindsight.

I remember being at Princes Park for the first game of the season vs Carlton where Georgedis kicked 8 thinking what a great day and looking forward to the season. How wrong I was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Mick Conlan's goal in the wet at Waverly in the 86 finals to beat Essendon and knock them out of the finals.
    That is my best non bulldogs moment. I was there that day and it was the most enjoyment I have got out of a game not involving the bulldogs.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    or what about Grantie's kick from the forward pocket to win the game against Essendon and beat them for the only time that season.

That is my best bulldog moment. Having gone to school in Essendon and copping abuse every time Essendon beat us, my hatred for Essendon has only grown over the years. I will remember this game forever. The fact that the Bulldog shop kept replaying it no stop for about 3 years has it etched in my memory.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Sticking the little league post in looked ridiculous and funny at the same time.

Didnt one of the trainers have to hold it in place until halftime until they could secure it properly?
    That would have been an interesting job.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris Grant staying, Nathan Brown going and not dieing in '89'. From a match perspective round 22 in 98 against North was a special feeling(gutted at the end).
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=aker39;129327]That is my best non bulldogs moment. I was there that day and it was the most enjoyment I have got out of a game not involving the bulldogs.

That is my best bulldog moment. Having gone to school in Essendon and copping abuse every time Essendon beat us, my hatred for Essendon has only grown over the years. I will remember this game forever. The fact that the Bulldog shop kept replaying it no stop for about 3 years has it etched in my memory.[/QUOTE]

I too grew up in Essendon/went to school there - and was in Year 12 when this game occurred. So Bulldogs/Essendon games were super important for me! To have my favourite player of all time kick such a brilliant left foot goal to beat the undefeated bombers....whilst I was standing with a crew of Essendon supporting mates....I couldn't have wished for a better scenario!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    whilst I was standing with a crew of Essendon supporting mates....I couldn't ave wished for a better scenario!

Whilst I can see how that would have been fun I saw one of the greatest things I ever saw at the end of that match. An old lady (and I'm talking in the '80s type old) who was sitting a few rows in front of us had been copping from some particularly 'heroic' Essendon supporters. We'd been down to see if we could help but she waved us all away and told us that she would handle it all herself at the appropriate time.

Anyway come the end of the match this old dear turned into the Incredible Hulk and turned on these guys as they were attempting to slink out of the ground unnoticed and gave them the second greatest spray I've ever seen or heard. The boys looked like they wanted to do something about it but suddenly noticed that it wasnt just the little old lady they were about to take on but every Bulldog supporter in the vicinity who'd headed over to stand behind her and point and laugh at them. It was awesome, simply awesome and the best way to finish a match against those Essendon ****s!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    gave them the second greatest spray I've ever seen or heard.
    What's the greatest spray
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    What's the greatest spray
    MCG in 2007 v Adelaide.

Peter Street lets Rhett Biglands loose and he goals. A minute later Street gives up the softest 50m penalty ever and Twodogs goes into the loudest, most abuse filled torrent at Street for 7 minutes.

I understand there is now a plaque in the Ponsford stand to mark the spot.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been lucky enough to see two significant non-Bulldog related incidents, both at Subiaco. In fact, both of them were almost incidental to the game itself.

1. Fremantle v St Kilda in 1998(?), when umpire Peter Carey took a mark.

2. West Coast v Essendon in 1994(?), when Sheeds started waving his jacket, thus commencing the tradition between those two clubs of waving something if your team wins.

As it happens I was also at the MCG (Aust v NZ, 1981), when Trevor Chappell bowled the underarm delivery.

My favourite Bulldog moment was Danny Southern's headlock on Peter Sumich... f@$k yeah!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Running Dog View Post
    I've been lucky enough to see two significant non-Bulldog related incidents, both at Subiaco. In fact, both of them were almost incidental to the game itself.

1. Fremantle v St Kilda in 1998(?), when umpire Peter Carey took a mark.

2. West Coast v Essendon in 1994(?), when Sheeds started waving his jacket, thus commencing the tradition between those two clubs of waving something if your team wins.
    As it happens I was also at the MCG (Aust v NZ, 1981), when Trevor Chappell bowled the underarm delivery.

My favourite Bulldog moment was Danny Southern's headlock on Peter Sumich... f@$k yeah!
    Pretty sure this started in 93 at the MCG. Round 16 game with Paul Salmon kicking the winning goal for a 2 point win.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

A few memories i won't forget:

The day Beasley bagged 12 against Geelong in '82, he had Flannigan living in his back pocket punching the back of his head on every occasion.

On the flipside, years later, but Ben Graham booming the ball from the goal square to the centre square at Whitten Oval.

The old cow bell used as the siren was a classic.

A rather young Plugger sitting on Tits Kennedy, Barkly St. end pounding his fists into his head, there would have been at least a dozen strikes to the head, yet, Tits gets up and shakes it off...tuff nut!

An 18 year old Scotty West kicking 6 goals in a game, Del Re also had a day out that day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    MCG in 2007 v Adelaide.

Peter Street lets Rhett Biglands loose and he goals. A minute later Street gives up the softest 50m penalty ever and Twodogs goes into the loudest, most abuse filled torrent at Street for 7 minutes.
    I understand there is now a plaque in the Ponsford stand to mark the spot.

Most of it went into MJP's daughters left ear IIRC!

Nah the best spray I ever heard came from Doug Hawkin's mum. On the train back from a miserable trip to Moorabin someone made a comment about Doug and the stream of abuse he took went for four train stops.

I often think it would have been funny if you were waiting for another train on the platform-the doors would open, Psssstshhhh-...on your fat arse. You ****ing get out there and do ****ing better you little ****ing ****! By the ****ing looks of yer you'd shit yourself the first time some **** looked at yer ****ing sideways...Pssssstshhhh the doors would shut!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    The old cow bell used as the siren was a classic.

Thank God. I was starting to think I had imagined it.