Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs Christmas Open Training Session

This Saturday (5 Dec) from 9am to 10am.

Link
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs Christmas Open Training Session

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    This Saturday (5 Dec) from 9am to 10am.

Link
    Someone take a camera

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to try and make it down there if I am feeling well.

Post Thanks / Like

Any reports? Does Howard have a leg cannon? Is Thorne silky smooth?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Everitt was moving well and appeared in good condition, he was certainly further up the running groups than he has been before, it's good to see he is putting in the hard yards.

It was also good to see Big Barry walking around in Bulldog gear and it will be great to see such a big strong presence in our forward line this year.

I thought Murphy looked in good nick despite being limited in his running but he certainly appeared ahead of where he was this time last year, positive signs.

The final thing I took from watching training today was how much depth we have and how much competition there will be for spots, Eade and his match committee will certainly have a few lengthy chats ahead in 2010.

I was only there a limited time and they were only doing mainly running from what I saw, no doubt there were plenty of other Woofers around who saw the session but if I can answer any questions feel free to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing that stood out for me this morning was at end of training players came to fence to sign autographs and have photo's taken. Needless to say Barry had a large crowd around him, and dispite several attempts from club officials to get Barry inside, he stayed until EVERYONE who wanted his autograph or photo taken, Barry stuck around!!! WELCOME TO THE DOGGIES BIG FELLA

Post Thanks / Like

I turned up actually with my kids who were petrified of woofa and santa.

Williams is masive. Cordy, from a long way away looked a fair bit bigger than when he was drafted. Grant still looks like a stick insect. Everitt was a good size and as enthusiastic as anyone else.

Some tallish darker skinned guy was running with Roughead most of the time, who was that?

Howard was runing near the front a lot of the time.

Tutt was enthusiastic, lo-fiving a lot of players, but (stack or lynch?) blanked him, probably just didnt notice, but I laughed. both of those guys must be feeling pressure from our recent draft choices however. well, obviously lynch especially.

Thorne was lol skinny. My dad said his brother, who is a NT umpire, has umpired Thorne a lot and said he gets reported a lot and his opinion was that he wouldnt make it, for whatever that is worth. He also said Patrick Bowden wouldnt make it when he was drafted either.

Got some pictures on mums camera, maybe I can post them sometime later in the week. Marko was running around with hargrave and looks ready to go physically. he wont die wondering.

bulldog Guest

The tall player running with Roughhead was Boumann

Post Thanks / Like

Only got to take 4 pics before the batteries died in my camera.

Post Thanks / Like

Akermanis and Johnson finished up early and spent probably 30-40 minutes signing autographs. Aker said that pre-season just keeps getting harder and said his body was holding up well.

My little bloke if floating around on cloud 9 still. He can't wait until Monday to tell his kinder teacher that he met Brad Johnson and Aker (which will no doubt impress the kinder teacher who would have no idea who either are if not for Daniel continually speaking about them).

After training another 10-15 guys hung around for 20-30 minutes signing more autographs. Boyd, Cross, Murphy, Lake, Hahn and Morris were mobbed. Tutt hung around the background not quite sure what to do, he seemed too embarassed to sign for anyone.

Not much to take out of the actual training. Cordy is, well not exactly huge, but has put a stack of weight on.
    Thorne has skinnier legs than Lynch.
    Everitt was more prominent in the running until the last one where he was going backwards, that's a good thing, he went as hard as he possibly could.
    The final 400 saw Picken lead home Wood with Hill 3rd (? not sure). Lake was a surprise to me finishing 4th.

bulldog Guest

What did everyone think of Huddos new hairdo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I didn't goto training, but from the photo's i have seen, it looks bloody cool.

DaDruid will be proud!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    I didn't goto training, but from the photo's i have seen, it looks bloody cool.

DaDruid will be proud!
    Im pretty sure it was DaDruid who sang Bazza a song after training.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    It was sort of like a mohawk, my first thought was a new T-Shirt!

bulldog Guest

I thought the same thing someone do a new t shirt with Huddo's new do