Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Howard the Top Dog

I don't think this has been posted before. Excuse the dodgy scanning. Can't find this article on-line.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Howard the Top Dog

Thanks for that Throughand Through - he looks a good kid, it will be a story to tell future generations of bulldog supporters if he turns out to be something

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh, he's a bit cute!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Would of been nice if Captain Johnno gave him a call. A text is good, but a 5min phone call to each draftee would of been a nice touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Doggies View Post
    Would of been nice if Captain Johnno gave him a call. A text is good, but a 5min phone call to each draftee would of been a nice touch.
    Perhaps Johnson thought a text message would be best as his phone would have no doubt been running hot at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Perhaps Johnson thought a text message would be best as his phone would have no doubt been running hot at the time.
    Yeah, maybe.

Could of left a voice message. With all his friends and family over celebrating, a quick phone call from the captain would of been a good look for the club/Johnno.

Post Thanks / Like

We don't know that Brad didn't call later -- all we know is that he sent a text in the immediate aftermath. He would have spoken to the new draftees individually soon enough anyway -- no big deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Doggies View Post
    Yeah, maybe.

Could of left a voice message. With all his friends and family over celebrating, a quick phone call from the captain would of been a good look for the club/Johnno.
    Fair enough too. BJ does need to do a bit of face-saving, what with becoming the games record holder and a legend of the club. Of course he should have called some Johnny-come-lately and talked about the weather.

ronmcd Guest

Howard is not only cute, he is a mean left kicker. I would be glad to join the Christian 'WHO" Howard Appreciation Society. I've since this kid play and believe me, Eade's selection crew know quality when they see it. Just give the kid a go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronmcd View Post
    Howard is not only cute, he is a mean left kicker. I would be glad to join the Christian 'WHO" Howard Appreciation Society. I've since this kid play and believe me, Eade's selection crew know quality when they see it. Just give the kid a go!
    "The Howard I know Appreciation Society"