Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Profit line has Western Bulldogs barking

I know these things are relative and it's easy to shuffle figures around but it just warms the cockles of my heart to hear we've run at a profit again.
    I want us forever to be removed from discussions about which teams will merge move or fold.
    Essendon and Carlton supporters I know expect me to have sympathy for them because they've had a few years in the wilderness finals wise.
    They have no idea what it's like to have your team constantly in the sights of everyone who wants to rationalise the league.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see that the club is making a profit but it will be interesting over the next few years to see what they do about reducing the debt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4EVER View Post
    Great to see that the club is making a profit but it will be interesting over the next few years to see what they do about reducing the debt.
    We should have a very good idea in twelve months time.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    We should have a very good idea in twelve months time.
    Just remembered that the Edgewater decision is due out in the next couple of weeks, it will probably have a large bearing on what happens over the next twelve months or so.

It will probably take another year or so before all the aspects of the development are running at full steam. Hopefully the child care centre and Vic Uni sports science area are ready to go in Feb/March with the sports hall late next year.

Given that, it'll probably take until the 2010/2011 financial year for a consistent revenue stream to arrive and then we'll be able to see how the club uses it.

Anyone have any ideas what the club's contingency plans are if Edgewater proposal isn't successful?

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'd say the Bulldog shop in Watergardens is losing money so I'd cut my losses there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I know these things are relative and it's easy to shuffle figures around but it just warms the cockles of my heart to hear we've run at a profit again.
    I want us forever to be removed from discussions about which teams will merge move or fold.
    Essendon and Carlton supporters I know expect me to have sympathy for them because they've had a few years in the wilderness finals wise.
    They have no idea what it's like to have your team constantly in the sights of everyone who wants to rationalise the league.
    Would the AFL be as stupid as to not have a team in Melbourne's West?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stefcep View Post
    Would the AFL be as stupid as to not have a team in Melbourne's West?
    If the TV execs said so, then yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    If the TV execs said so, then yes.
    Correct and this is the reason we are having 2 new teams in strange places.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler