Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rookie Funding

Post Thanks / Like

Rookie Funding

Fellow WOOF'ers,

As per last year a prominent Bulldogs supporter is organising some fundraising to try and help fund an extra rookie or two.

Last year some $55,000 was raised which was used to fund the salary of Jamason Daniels and was also used to subsidise Liam Picken's salary (Willi provided the extra dollars).

As we know our finals team last year contained 4 ex-rookies (Boyd, Morris, Harbrow, Picken) so we all know the worth of the rookie list.

So enough of the spiel, understanding it's close to Xmas and it's been a tough financial year, but if any of you guys are interested in helping out please let me know either in this thread or via a PM.

Last year we (WOOF posters) were able to kick in just over a $1000 which was much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rookie Funding

Great initiative so if you can spare a few dollars it will go a long way to assisting the club.

bulldog Guest

Would be intetrested when and where would this be

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Would be intetrested when and where would this be
    The fundraising is taking place over the next week. (Before the rookie draft which is on next Tues 15th)

Post Thanks / Like

Not a rich man but willing to contribute what I can. When, where and how?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks DaDruid.

At present I am just looking for pledges. I will be in a position early next week to let those people know who want to help out how to send in/ transfer their funds.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick update.

So far I have received quite a few enquiries and have raised almost $1000 which is great. For those who haven't yet contacted me and are interested in helping out please do so.

Also very shortly I will be adding a few auction items to this thread which are being auctioned off prior to the rookie draft. Atleast one of the items will create a fair amount of interest as it will give the winner the opportunity to train with the playing group for a day.

More details to follow......

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a list of the items that are being auctioned off over the next few days:

Item 1 - A 10 % Share in a sensational Racehorse by “Bel Esprit” to be trained by David Hayes - Value $5,000

KINDLY DONATED BY NANCY AND TONY HILL OF SPRINGHILL PARK STUD. Mobile: 0417 038 287 or springhillpark@live.com.au

A fantastic opportunity to acquire this share in this unraced filly from Sock it Babe (The Pug), why not get a group of friends together and experience the thrill of racing a Filly in Bulldog colours.

Item 2 - THE FIRST SIGNED WESTERN BULLDOG TRAINING JUMPER FROM PRIZED RECRUIT BARRY HALL

Barry will personally sign this jumper and present it to you in person to provide you with lastly memories of our prized recruit .. Do Not miss out of this one .

Item 3- A PAIR OF AKER'S ( Jason Akermanis) SIGNED FOOTY BOOTS

This Champion of the game is probably entering his last season of AFL football so the opportunity to acquire this piece of memorabilia is quickly disappearing ..again Priceless .

Item 4 - A BRAND NEW 370Z SPORTS CAR TO BE AUCTIONED OFF FOR THE USE ON A WEEKEND - VALUE OVER $1,000 , Driver must be over 25

KINDLY DONATED BY WERRIBEE NISSAN .. CONRAD TAYLOR M 0407 632 400

Item 5 - BRAD JOHNSON SIGNED FOOTY JUMPER .. On the eve of his 350th Game of AFL Footy

Again, one of the legends of the club is happy to personally sign his jumper and hand it to you … An experience you ll never forget - We love you Johnno.

Item 6- SIGNED WESTERN BULLDOGS 2010 TEAM JUMPER

When we win the premiership this item will be like a Bar of Gold as your friends rally around to admire it - Don’t delay here’s your chance to bid for it.

Item 7- CHECK THIS OUT. A UNIQUE WESTERN BULLDOGS TRAINING EXPERIENCE >

Be Rocket’s guest of honour at a full training session at the Whitten Oval as he and the players make you feel extremely welcome You’ll experience the inner workings of the Whitten Oval and participate in all aspects of a full training session - A never to be repeated opportunity. Value - Priceless .

Item 8 –BE A GUEST OF THE TEAM IN THE BULLDOG ROOMS BEFORE AND AFTER A HOME GAME IN 2010 .…

Imagine the experience of watching the team warm up, of feeling the tension in the rooms, and watching the players as they head up the race as they run out onto the ground to run through the banner.

Plus the opportunity to head back into the rooms after the games and sing the club song with all other support staff

Value - A once in a lifetime opportunity in Season 2010 .

Item 9 - HAVE WE LEFT THE BEST TILL LAST ? A SIGNED PIECE OF WORLD BOXING MEMORABILIA WORTH PLENTY < FROM OUR FRIEND ALEX FULKOSKI AT SUPERSTARS AND LEGENDS – 0407 171 946 ...

------------------------

If any of these items interest you please let me know and I will let you know how you can make a bid.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt I could afford any

It's a real horrible time financially it's that bad I am working overtime something I rarely do...

bulldog Guest

am interested in the Training with the boys and being in the rooms before the game

craig stephens Guest

should be a great night .......hopefully raise enough $$ to gain an extra Rookie to the list...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craig stephens View Post
    should be a great night .......hopefully raise enough $$ to gain an extra Rookie to the list...
    Thanks again for organising it Craig, much appreciated!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

As per TCD's thread the fundraising was able to raise approx. $49K which was great. They were looking to raise atleast $40K so they exceeded this.

The people of WOOF were able to contribute almost $1400 which was a great effort.

The auction items raised a large portion of the money, here is a bit of a run down on some of the items:

Item 1: $5,000
    Item 2: $1,750
    Item 4: $1,000
    Item 5: $1,000
    Item 6: $750
    Item 8: $2,500

There was also some excellent sports memoribilia which was auctioned off.

A big thanks to those who contributed and I will keep you updated on which player was taken with the money that was raised.

craig stephens Guest

Again , a BIG THANKS on behalf of Rocket , James and the rest of the team at the Whitten Oval to all our friends at Woof who added to the night and the fund raising effort ..Final Total was $52 k (approx) so the club is off shopping today (Rookie Draft Day ) to shop for that extra special player that maybe gives us the extra 1 % come finals time ..Who s knows ? ..Again thanks guys ..Much appreciate your efforts again this year ..Regards Craig Stephens ps How good was Tony Shaw ? Inspirational speech from one of the Legends of our game .

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Rookie Funding

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I doubt I could afford any

It's a real horrible time financially it's that bad I am working overtime something I rarely do...
    Same here xmas has hit hard . Will buy some club merchandise in the new year. Great job to everyone involved.