Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

East Meets West Family Day

Date: Saturday 16th January 2010
    Time: 9.00am - 10.30am

The East-West Club, the Western Bulldogs largest Supporter Group is hosting their annual East-Meets West Family Day. This unique day on the supporter group calendar is a brilliant opportunity for supporters to see the 2010 Western Bulldogs playing group during a light pre-season training session. This family friendly day offers a BBQ breakfast, face painting, membership and merchandise sales and other fun activities for the kids and it is a great way to support the fundraising efforts of the East-West Club.

Link
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: East Meets West Family Day

Saw this today... for us on the other side of town, days like this are great. I'll be there - already marked it in the calendar! Last year's was ended prematurely so the players could get back to WO to announce Mission as the new sponsor. Wonder if there'll be any surprises this time?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

This is always a great day. I will certainly br there, but hopefully the weather is better than the last few times I've made it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HAB54 View Post
    This is always a great day. I will certainly br there, but hopefully the weather is better than the last few times I've made it.
    From memory the weather's been good the last few years...normally too hot, if anything?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    From memory the weather's been good the last few years...normally too hot, if anything?
    The one in January this year was ok weather wise, but the previous 2 years it was very damp indeed. It's a good day just the same, I'll be there with bells on

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks TCD!! I usually hear about this day when it's already happening & end up missing the start. But now I'm on WOOF so all's good with the world!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tops,

I'll be able to make this one hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to live 5 minutes drive away which was great but not anymore. But it is such a great day to see the players up close and personal that the wife and daughters have it booked in already.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps all WOOFERS who have them could wear their Ben Hudson t-shirts?
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Perhaps all WOOFERS who have them could wear their Ben Hudson t-shirts?
    Yep good idea! I know it puts a smile on the boys faces when they see them! First thing Rocket commented on when we met him in July actually LOL

So looking forward to this day - Aker BETTER be there, Sebs on the hunt for his name in his jumber!

jitboy Guest

Had a really good time at the East meets West day last year, and getting Harbrow to sign my match worn #40 jumper was the icing on the cake.

Will see you all there again in a couple weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

We will definetly be there and it falls on my little blokes birthday. He will love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Our family will be there (me and the missus, son and two daughters), my brother and two of his daughters, and a close friend who currently barracks for Essendon but is almost across the line to be a doggies member. Family day should be the final lever that completes the mission

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who have been to Wesley in the past to attend the East meets West day,
    You will notice that Wesley Colleage have upgraded their sporting facilities over the year.
    The turf is now in excellent condition and they have updated the change room building where they usually conduct all the speeches around. The roof looks a lot bigger so hopefully there is some shade there in case it's a scorcher or the rain comes again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    For those of you who have been to Wesley in the past to attend the East meets West day,
    You will notice that Wesley Colleage have upgraded their sporting facilities over the year.
    The turf is now in excellent condition and they have updated the change room building where they usually conduct all the speeches around. The roof looks a lot bigger so hopefully there is some shade there in case it's a scorcher or the rain comes again.
    It seems to be either one or the other each year.