Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  23
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Danny Southern

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Danny Southern

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    What about the fake back pockets on the shorts, what was that about ?

It's retro mate. Fully sic.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I can remember the first time I met Danny Southern. It was upstairs in the old social club and he'd just finished his first preseason and all he could talk about was how fast the ball moved in the practice matches.

Incidentally the fine he got for wrestling with Sumich was more than his total match payments for the season which meant after paying it that he actually paid (and after tax, he paid a considerable amount) to play in his first year with us. In the end the supporters started a fund and they ended up raising slightly more than his match payments and because it was a gift it was all tax free (maybe it wasn't and we just didn't tell the tax office? Hopefully the Statute of Limitations has run out on it then) and under AFEL rules at the time there wasn't thing one they could do about it.

3. Likes Testekill, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember when we lost THAT Preliminary final, Daniel and Dimma were in tears in the grandstand.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

I remember a bucket being passed around at training to help pay the $20,000 fine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I can remember the first time I met Danny Southern. It was upstairs in the old social club and he'd just finished his first preseason and all he could talk about was how fast the ball moved in the practice matches.

Incidentally the fine he got for wrestling with Sumich was more than his total match payments for the season which meant after paying it that he actually paid (and after tax, he paid a considerable amount) to play in his first year with us. In the end the supporters started a fund and they ended up raising slightly more than his match payments and because it was a gift it was all tax free (maybe it wasn't and we just didn't tell the tax office? Hopefully the Statute of Limitations has run out on it then) and under AFEL rules at the time there wasn't thing one they could do about it.
    Cool story Twodogs. I believe our old social club was where the Bulldog museum at Whitten Oval there abouts is today - John Gent Stand. Still need to pay the museum a visit as I haven't been there yet at the times I've been to WO.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Not Bitter Anymore View Post
    I remember a bucket being passed around at training to help pay the $20,000 fine
    I can recall tin rattlers at a final a couple of weeks later (Semi vs Melbourne).

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I can recall tin rattlers at a final a couple of weeks later (Semi vs Melbourne).
    That was the game where Gaddy Lyon kicked 10 and wasn't BOG because Schwartz took 15, 000 marks at CHF.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Whenever I think Carlllllton are now irrelevant and I don’t need to hate them any more the name of Ian Collins snaps me out of it.
    Ian Collins makes Damian Barrett look like Ted Whitten. There has never been a bigger piece of shit involved in the VFL/AFL than Collins.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Danny will be a guest on Front Bar this week.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Thanks The Doctor, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post