Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs lap up surge in membership figures

ANDREA PETRIE
    December 11, 2009

SIGN up now - that is the message the Western Bulldogs are sending their supporters as membership figures surge well above what they were for the same time last year.

Whether it is the acquisition of key forward Barry Hall, the fact captain Brad Johnson, Brownlow medallist Jason Akermanis and veteran Nathan Eagleton are going around for another year, or simply because supporters genuinely believe that 2010 will be the Year of the Dog after two preliminary final finishes, membership is soaring.

Scott Seward, the Bulldogs' consumer operations manager, confirmed yesterday that the club was on track, by the end of the year, to be 5000 up on what it was the same time last year.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs lap up surge in membership figures

Good news ... Good news

If you haven't signed up yet (wat's wrong wit ya ??) better be quick
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

This is great.

l personaly know of SIX new members who have signed up this year!

Post Thanks / Like

Surely with the upsurge we can afford a full quota of rookies?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

This is excellent news for the club. I finally got around to renewing my membership today and for the first time I had to be put on hold. Hopefully this continues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Surely with the upsurge we can afford a full quota of rookies?
    Upsurge is promising but you will find that as always we will struggle to reach 30,000 members. Most Vic. based clubs now far exceed us. Whilst we continue to be on a $1.5 million dollars drip feed from the AFL, there will still be a need to finance rookies.

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope we can build on our membership numbers. 35k would be awesome. I just hope the increase is made up of a lot of new members and not just those that are renewing early and not waiting until the season kicks off before signing up again.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Again got the 5 people I got to join up for the 09' season, got them all to renew in the 2010 season (and all of them to upgrade to social club to for next season)

Post Thanks / Like

I took a look at Hawthorns membership packages today (just for a comparison!)

It seems that the Hawks have '5 game' membership packages (I think someone told me they had 3 game packages in previous years)- which I imagine would be a good option for some supporters who arent able to make every home game, but want to support the team....

Obviously we wouldnt want to discourge our members who would normally purchase an 11 game etc package for the season (ie the cost 'per game' for a 5 game ticket would need to be much more expensive than a 11 game ticket)....but by doing this it would inflate our members by gaining members who wouldnt otherwise join....

Not sure why we dont have this package available.....or a financially sensible similar approach

The Hawks have a great message...."of a we are the strongest club in Victoria/Australia....so why arent you on board?"

Post Thanks / Like

I renewed earlier than usual this year because the membership card came in the mail, then I upgraded to social club and got a new one anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

notice melbourne members got their membership goodies . Just wondering when we get ours?Just reckon it would have been nice to get the new Koo Gaa gear out for Xmas pressies for supporters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    notice melbourne members got their membership goodies . Just wondering when we get ours? Just reckon it would have been nice to get the new Koo Gaa gear out for Xmas pressies for supporters.
    I heard the are having a little bit of trouble with the sponsors logos at present. ie. size & colour.

Even the club staff are limited in the amount of new apparel they have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I heard the are having a little bit of trouble with the sponsors logos at present. ie. size & colour.

Even the club staff are limited in the amount of new apparel they have.
    Mission that is, not Koo Ga.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

I got an email saying the membership packs will be delivered in the next 20 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    I got an email saying the membership packs will be delivered in the next 20 days.
    Got the same E-mail on Saturday.