Re: Patrick Rose

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Couldn't help myself.

A Thorne between two Roses!
    I am in love with that post.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Patrick Rose

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Just on Rockets comments regarding Rose having to be able to play midfield as well, does this potentially open up the full forward role for a Grant in the Willy seniors? To the best of my knowledge Williamstowns typical structure has been Little and Rose out of the goal square, with other players playing further up the ground, including Grant who has been playing a half forward type role which many say he isn't suited to.

If Rose plays more midfield at VFL level that means a spot leading out of the goal square opens up, which is potentially Grants. Hopefully Rose's rookieing not only see's him grow as a player but also allows Grant to prove himself in what seems to be his natural position.
    That's having a bit both ways I think, saying Rose should be played away from his favoured position to help him develop but that Grant shouldn't. IMO playing Grant up the ground where he will not be as productive for Willi to assist his development shows that it is not just about winning games down there, they are also happy to help develop our players. This is a good sign for the prospects of getting them to play Rose as a mid.

Slightly off topic, I reckon Willi will be pretty happy with some of our mature age recruiting, you'd think there will be some pretty strong Willi sides fielded next year
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff