Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rodan faces knee reco after training injury

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting.

They label Malceski's operation as a success which it was, but he's been pretty average since his return. He's played one and a half seasons now.

I rememebr in the '06 Grand Final, Malceski really started to come of age after a solid season. I thought he'd become a Gilbee type but the injury really set him back and he's struggled to hold his spot in the Swans lineup since.

Hopefully Rodan has better luck with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Interesting.

They label Malceski's operation as a success which it was, but he's been pretty average since his return. He's played one and a half seasons now.

I rememebr in the '06 Grand Final, Malceski really started to come of age after a solid season. I thought he'd become a Gilbee type but the injury really set him back and he's struggled to hold his spot in the Swans lineup since.

Hopefully Rodan has better luck with it.
    The other week I played cricket against a bloke who had this proceedure done, said there was a constant pain, albeit not a bad one, in his knee since the operation, and he hadn't regained full function of it.

Is it any less detremental to Rodan's career to sit out a year than it would be to have this proceedure done and produce the sort of form Malceski has displayed? If he's worried about his spot on the list, then playing sub-standard footy on a bad wheel in constant pain isn't the way to maintain it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -