Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carlton off-season strife

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Please don't insult dumb people by comparing them to Carlton dickwads.
    That's very good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Levi's family should take the matter up with the club and keep this sort of crap out of the papers.
    I agree, the club would treat this very seriously. They still have a lot of work in front of them and reading the riot act clearly isn't working.

I'm getting the impression a number of the boys just go through the motions when the likes of Kernahan gathers them in for a stern talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Fighting amongst themselves, sounds like a happy bunch of close and focused footballers to me, problem is it isnt football they are focused on.

What a rabble of a club and i wonder when Demetriou will step in as he did with another club.

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine has a fair bit to do with Eddie Betts and I must admit I feel for him as he appears to be a genuinely good person. I know this incident may have an affect on the charity work he does through a juvenile detention centre with young kids and that is really disappointing as I'm sure both would have been getting something valuable out of it.

All actions have consequences and some AFL footballers can't seem to understand their actions have even greater consequences such is their status in society.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    All actions have consequences and some AFL footballers can't seem to understand their actions have even greater consequences such is their status in society.
    How can they not? Do they just have bricks for brains?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    How can they not? Do they just have bricks for brains?
    Yes, unfortunately some do have bricks for brains. Despite the constant media spotlight and the amount of education put into players by the clubs and the AFLPA some just don't get it.

Unfortunately these guys are expectionally good at football but they still come from all walks of life and much like the rest of the society they can still be affected by drugs and other issues despite the good intentions of those around them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    It just keeps on getting worse.
    I heard today that Walker has lost his licence for the forth time, this week(the day after the crown episode).
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Shows it the culture down there and wasnt just Fev.
    Put them in my huge slider column next year.
    Do feel sorry for the new recruit though, already being lead astray.

Post Thanks / Like

I see that given this is Betts 2nd problem he has now received the maximum of a $10,000 fine.

Post Thanks / Like

If they treated everyone equally there will be no players left at Carlton.
    My christmas reference - Its funny how they thought they were cleansed of their sins by trading Fev but the Club is far from purged from its sinners.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    If they treated everyone equally there will be no players left at Carlton.
    My christmas reference - Its funny how they thought they were cleansed of their sins by trading Fev but the Club is far from purged from its sinners.

And they tought it when they got rid of Elliot and then they thought they had got rid of it when Smorgon went and then they thought it was finally gone when Pratt stood down and then they...

Well you get the picture-that club is rotten to the core and quite a few people on the commitee and high up in administration think that they dont have to play by the rules, that they can take short cut after shortcut and the good times will just role around again.

In a way they are a bit like the Australian Test team in that they are in all sorts of trouble and they are in comlete denial about the cause of the problem. Until they start to make some genuinly hard decisions they are going to be stuck in the same trajectory that Richmond have been for 20 years.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I did have a giggle about Kernahans statement "$5000 will be the least of their problems when i get to see them on the 4th of jan" He must think its pretty important to wait a week!

Now thats proffessional, i wonder what more they can get up to in the next week?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    i wonder what more they can get up to in the next week?

This afternoon the poor bloody kid was involved in a car accident. Apparantly he is OK but the driver of the other car has been killed.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    This afternoon the poor bloody kid was involved in a car accident. Apparantly he is OK but the driver of the other car has been killed.
    Yes it's been a dramatic few days for young Casboult.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Is anyone else interested in the coincidence that Judd was at West Coast when it seemed to be a sort of a nighclub that played footy on the weekends and now all these behavioural problams at Carlton under his captaincy.

What's that club going to get up to next? Maybe Captain Carlton will push an old lady over or something.
    I had a conversation along these lines last night and this morning.

The day of the Brownlow effort of Fev, he had spent the afternoon drinking or whatever with Juddy. Then laughed at his antics.

Now on a boat they are forcing a kid to drink - did he sit by and watch this happen as well?

I am sorry if our players were out representing our club in any form and Johnno sat back while players carried on like these Carlton drop kicks have - I would be mighty disgusted with him, if he did not try to stop the crap.

Glad that is it that team or any other that is making the headlines - as long a it does not happen at mine - I will be happy.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue