Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carlton off-season strife

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Well Mr Kernahan you are looking more and more like a little lamb in a field of wolves.
    Kick him out then go lunch with him? whats with that? wonder who the others were?
    Kernahan appears to be, in the words of Winston Churchill, a sheep in sheep's clothing. Roast lamb, anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I love the last line, a spin if ever i saw one,"how can we lose a sponsor if we didnt have one"
    I'ts an exercise in logical absurdity that students do in first year Philosophy, most appropriate that the Blues go in for that sort of reasonning.

I was going to say that next they would discover the phrase "I think therefore I am", but as we are talking about the filthy blues you can't put them and thought in the same sentence without running into the same absurdities that their spokesman attempted.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

The most hilarious thing about all this is Carlton supporters still support them and try in no logical way to defend it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Another former play covering the blues in glory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Running Dog View Post
    Kernahan appears to be, in the words of Winston Churchill, a sheep in sheep's clothing. Roast lamb, anyone?
    I''ll bring the mint sauce. Save us a piece of shoulder with skin!

Post Thanks / Like

The press are having a field day, looking for anything. Here's another one

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/pra...-1225819424883

Prank wedding vows included in Carlton off-season excursion to Las Vegas
    Herald Sun January 15, 2010

PRANK wedding vows can now be revealed to have been included in the Carlton players' eventful off-season.
    A group of players re-enacted a scene from the hit movie The Hangover when a drunk character unknowingly gets hitched at a Las Vegas marriage chapel.

The starring role in the Blues' visit to the chapel was played by brash young midfielder Shaun Grigg.

The fun and games took place on the Blues' end-of-season trip to America's sin city late last year.

The cast included captain Chris Judd, who is said to have played a leading role in helping to erase any lasting impact.

Sources said the script followed a not uncommon line for Vegas - boy wipes himself out, meets girl, ends up at wedding chapel, and wakes up next morning to find he's married.

The sources said Judd then led the effort to have the marriage annulled, which was done the next day at a significant cost.

Grigg doesn't deny the marriage incident but said through his management that it was all a sham and a set-up organised by the players.

"It was definitely a hoax," Grigg told Alex McDonald of Stride Sports Management, who manages the player.

"It was actually a mock or hoax, as against the real thing.

"There was even a club official present."

McDonald said from what Grigg had told him the whole thing about the Hangover scenario was "drawing a bit of a long bow".

"It was definitely not the real deal and not a long boozy night sort of thing of boys not knowing what they were doing," McDonald said.

Our sources said the 21-year-old, who was taken at No.19 in the 2006 national draft and is highly rated at Carlton, had laughed off the incident.

News of the vows surfaced after Grigg bragged to former junior teammates it was a story that would make headlines.

He said it cost him heaps.

The images of the ceremony were posted on Facebook but have been removed.

A Carlton spokesman said he had been made aware of the incident after we called. He wasn't aware of a Carlton official attending and said the club had taken it in the spirit it was intended.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

How exactly can it be a hoax? I'm sure the chapel in Vegas wouldn't have done it as a sham. You don't fill out fake paperwork.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    The press are having a field day, looking for anything. Here's another one

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/pra...-1225819424883

Prank wedding vows included in Carlton off-season excursion to Las Vegas
    Herald Sun January 15, 2010

PRANK wedding vows can now be revealed to have been included in the Carlton players' eventful off-season.
    A group of players re-enacted a scene from the hit movie The Hangover when a drunk character unknowingly gets hitched at a Las Vegas marriage chapel.

The starring role in the Blues' visit to the chapel was played by brash young midfielder Shaun Grigg.

The fun and games took place on the Blues' end-of-season trip to America's sin city late last year.

The cast included captain Chris Judd, who is said to have played a leading role in helping to erase any lasting impact.

Sources said the script followed a not uncommon line for Vegas - boy wipes himself out, meets girl, ends up at wedding chapel, and wakes up next morning to find he's married.

The sources said Judd then led the effort to have the marriage annulled, which was done the next day at a significant cost.

Why would you have to annull a hoax?

Grigg doesn't deny the marriage incident but said through his management that it was all a sham and a set-up organised by the players.

This is precisely the scenario of The Hangover.

"It was definitely a hoax," Grigg told Alex McDonald of Stride Sports Management, who manages the player.

"It was actually a mock or hoax, as against the real thing.

Oh, so you mean you didn't really want to get married. Just your mates played a prank on you when you were off your face.

"There was even a club official present."

Probably the official chaperone, there to see the boys didn't get up to any mischief beyond the carlton norm.

McDonald said from what Grigg had told him the whole thing about the Hangover scenario was "drawing a bit of a long bow".

See above

"It was definitely not the real deal and not a long boozy night sort of thing of boys not knowing what they were doing," McDonald said.

Our sources said the 21-year-old, who was taken at No.19 in the 2006 national draft and is highly rated at Carlton, had laughed off the incident.

News of the vows surfaced after Grigg bragged to former junior teammates it was a story that would make headlines.

He said it cost him heaps.

The images of the ceremony were posted on Facebook but have been removed.

A Carlton spokesman said he had been made aware of the incident after we called. He wasn't aware of a Carlton official attending and said the club had taken it in the spirit it was intended.

That would be the in spirit of a boozy end of season trip, would it not?

I also wonder about the female participant in the wedding. Was it his girlfriend, equally boozed; a paid actress; an equally boozed prostitute, in keeping with The Hangover theme? I can't see how any of this could be accused of "bringing the game into disrepute" or possibly being at odds with the AFL's policy regarding respect respect towards women.

Post Thanks / Like

This is an organisation dedicated to reproducing all the grosest poor humour that the Hollywood imagination can dredge up masquerading as an AFL club.

The real pity is that none of it is funny. Let's all chip in and hire them a new script writer cause the one they've got now wouldn't know a joke if he fell over one, and they seem singularly lacking in immagination themselves.

Tragic, tragic history!
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler