Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Andrew lovett suspended indefinately

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Yep, but he's been involved in a few scuffles over his time including a couple of altercations with women.

Agree Lovett would seem worse physically though.
    Even that might be a little kind to Fev given some of the alleged antics at the Brownlow (not widely reported). He does seem like a self-obsessed dickhead, but Lovett is without doubt a fair bit more sinister.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

From today's Herald Sun

Anthony Dowsley and Padraic Murphy - From: Herald Sun - December 26, 2009 12:00AM

A WOMAN who claims she was sexually assaulted by AFL star Andrew Lovett told police she had been asleep.

It is believed the woman is the former girlfriend of a player at another club.

Lovett has been indefinitely suspended by his new club, St Kilda, while police investigate.

Though police have not charged Lovett, it is believed the woman claimed she was asleep when an attack began in the early hours of Thursday.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Is it wrong to think this way, but when the proverbial hits the fan I just think to myself, thank goodness it wasn't a Bulldog's player.

No. It should be a huge source of pride for every supporter that our guys dont stoop to these sorts of levels and obviously have a lot of pride in and respect for our footy cub.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    No. It should be a huge source of pride for every supporter that our guys dont stoop to these sorts of levels and obviously have a lot of pride in and respect for our footy cub.
    ... or haven't been caught
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Well,Well,Well I went off to Sydney Xmas Eve and only briefly heard this story. Thank F****** christ we didn't pick up this classy individual a couple of years back. Just wondering how in blazes is Lovett going to play " Saints Footy'' while in his cell at Barwon

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1225818585736

"The general feeling is while he is the player they need, he is not the person they need in an era where club culture is paramount."

I found this last statement fascinating, surely this is something they could have established prior to drafting a player they have just exchanged their first round pick for. Yes while the rape allegations happened after he was drafted, he has a well known reputation that meant senior players at St Kilda questioned his recruitment, very strange indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Then you'd have to ask why they picked the guy up in the first place? Will not play a game for them. Anyway they've still got Brett Peake [perennial leader in shin kicks to disadvantage]

Post Thanks / Like

I anyone gets a chance just read up on some absoluted gems on ''Saintsational''. A couple of conspiracy theorists saying that as it was Jack Anthony the alleged victim first called as he is trying to ''de-rail'' one of Collingwood's premiership rivals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I anyone gets a chance just read up on some absoluted gems on ''Saintsational''. A couple of conspiracy theorists saying that as it was Jack Anthony the alleged victim first called as he is trying to ''de-rail'' one of Collingwood's premiership rivals
    The "de-railing a premiership rival" is a bit much, but Jack Anthony calling the cops is probably more than rumour or conspiracy. I am to believe the 'alleged victim' is Jack Anthony's ex-girlfriend, she had been seeing Jason Gram recently, and it happened in Gram's home in Port Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Andrew lovett suspended indefinately

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Is it wrong to think this way, but when the proverbial hits the fan I just think to myself, thank goodness it wasn't a Bulldog's player.
    I agree Coon Dog. Hopefully we never have to have Rubbish like this or the Carlton debacle surface at the Whitten Oval. Our guys, I beieve, understand that our club (being one of the oldest VFA/VFL clubs) is a Strong Family and community club and we won't tolerate that type of Rubbish

Post Thanks / Like

Charged with rape.

See here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Charged with rape.

See here
    Now a second rape charge.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...nd-rape-charge
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    The link doesn't work KT.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.