Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Croad Retires

Post Thanks / Like

Croad Retires

Trent Croad has retired due to his foot injury.

I've always thought Croad was overrated. Like a showbag; looks good, full of crap.

I thought his decision to play in the '08 GF was the height of selfishness. He knew his foot wasn't right and he pretty much ensured that his team played the game with 21 players, which could have been potentially disastrous. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Croad Retires

He was finished 12 months ago; this is just rubber stamping it.

It was funny during 2009 when the Hawthorn backline was getting smashed from pillar to post and Hawks supporters were claiming they’d be a force again when Croad returned.

Lucky they drafted Gibson to take on the gorillas
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Has always been over rated.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Quartermain will be looking for Dunstall with some fried rice?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    My first thought too when I heard the news
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

His club should have given him an ultimatium a few months back to make this decision such that he could be replaced on the list, pretty selfish to do it at this time of the year.

As with the general feeling from previous posters he was a player who I didn't rate all that highly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    His club should have given him an ultimatum a few months back to make this decision such that he could be replaced on the list, pretty selfish to do it at this time of the year.

As with the general feeling from previous posters he was a player who I didn't rate all that highly.
    Agree totally.

He was also selfish by playing injured(and only lasting half a game) in the grand final and Hawthorn are lucky that it didn't come back to bite them.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when the rice was thrown, and I assume the bone of contention was Croad (going on what you've said here), but I can't remember the position taken by the protagonists. Can you enlighten me?

Post Thanks / Like

Or at least demand an apology - he's owed one
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    I remember when the rice was thrown, and I assume the bone of contention was Croad (going on what you've said here), but I can't remember the position taken by the protagonists. Can you enlighten me?
    Quartermain basically said that further setbacks must place doubt on Croads ability to recover and therefore his career.
    Dunstall went bananas, Quartermain demanded he stopped saying the word "shit" on air, Dunstall threw food on him and stormed out.

It's on you-tube (audio only) but I'm at work so can't search it.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Spot on Mofra, Dunstall took offence to Quatermain saying the latest setback was potentially career ending insisting it was purely a set back and that he had not been set return date. In his anger he used the term "shit" and Quatermain also took offence and told him to be more professional and not lower himself to that language. Dunstall than tipped the fried rice over him and Quartermain temporarily went off air insisting Dunstall leave the box before he return, quite funny at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it was funny. I remember listening at the time, but couldn't remember the crux. How unlike Dunstall to behave like a neanderthal.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked Jason Dunstall as a player, but not a big fan of him in the media.

Post Thanks / Like

I was directing traffic at a car accident one day and there was a huge line of cars waiting. Then this car just comes around them all, wrong lane, and I'm frantically waving trying to get it to stop. The driver just ignored me, then had the temerity to wave to me as if to say "thanks for letting me through" as he drove past. Have a guess whose time was more important than the common man?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Spot on Mofra, Dunstall took offence to Quatermain saying the latest setback was potentially career ending insisting it was purely a set back and that he had not been set return date. In his anger he used the term "shit" and Quatermain also took offence and told him to be more professional and not lower himself to that language. Dunstall than tipped the fried rice over him and Quartermain temporarily went off air insisting Dunstall leave the box before he return, quite funny at the time.
    Funny thing is over a year ago on SEN (can't remember who said it), it was reported he would never play again.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.