Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Richmond faces $1m hole after 5400 members fall off from this time last year

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    One of my best mates is a Richmond supporter. He said he isn't buying a membership until he sees how they perform against Carlton in Round 1. He has been a member for the past 16-17 years.
    Thats so Richmond. They will probably win that one given Carlton's pre-season, everyone will jump on the bandwagon then be off as normal by late April/early May.

Why is the season opener always 2 crap sides? The only saving grace is who ever wins it thinks they will be premiers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Richmond faces $1m hole after 5400 members fall off from this time last year

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    Thats so Richmond. They will probably win that one given Carlton's pre-season, everyone will jump on the bandwagon then be off as normal by late April/early May.

Why is the season opener always 2 crap sides? The only saving grace is who ever wins it thinks they will be premiers.
    It feels like 3 of the last 4 years has begun with Carlton and Richmond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    We now have the so called power clubs of the past, Collingwood, Carlton and Richmond in the wars money wise.
    Essendon are the only power club to be in good hands still.

Must admit i do like to see these clubs being in strife after they have mouthed off about supporting other clubs for years, but no i dont want to see them disappear we need these clubs to hate.
    I know Collingwood had to write off their losses after the hotel mistakes but are they really struggling financially? My understanding was they were still posting numbers as strong as ever in all areas besides some aftermath from the hotels that still lingers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    Thats exactly what I said to him. He sat there for about 5 seconds and then just shook his head in disappointed agreement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    I know Collingwood had to write off their losses after the hotel mistakes but are they really struggling financially? My understanding was they were still posting numbers as strong as ever in all areas besides some aftermath from the hotels that still lingers.
    They are still no 1 for membership revenue so I can't see them in trouble for too long. Writedowns may not have a real impact on cashflow unless the loss is crystalised upon disposal.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    One of my best mates is a Richmond supporter. He said he isn't buying a membership until he sees how they perform against Carlton in Round 1. He has been a member for the past 16-17 years.
    Many Bulldogs supporters are the same. Every year we get our usual 20,000 signed but before the 1st round, then they trickle in till June - piss poor
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think that this year we could potentially have more members than Richmond?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    They are still no 1 for membership revenue so I can't see them in trouble for too long. Writedowns may not have a real impact on cashflow unless the loss is crystalised upon disposal.
    From my understanding, they are having trouble selling the hotels, but McGuire insists they will be sold this season.
    The longer they have them the more money goes down the gurgler.

Post Thanks / Like

They should start off with the 2 grand final sides opening the season..

Big Attendance + Live Broadcast = Ratings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    They should start off with the 2 grand final sides opening the season..

Big Attendance + Live Broadcast = Ratings
    I would say that the AFL's thinking is why waste a great gimmick like the first game of the year on a match up that already has a great selling point?

Carlton vs Richmond is the type of game that would ordinarily get a good crowd but with the assistance of the first game selling point is boosted to a blockbuster type crowd. With trying to be funny, Richmond also probably can do with it's bigger games being early in the year before their season is practically over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    From my understanding, they are having trouble selling the hotels, but McGuire insists they will be sold this season.
    The longer they have them the more money goes down the gurgler.
    My biggest questions are:
    1, How the hell are they managing to run these pubs at a loss?
    and 2, If these pubs are complete basket cases, why the hell would anyone else buy them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    My biggest questions are:
    1, How the hell are they managing to run these pubs at a loss?
    and 2, If these pubs are complete basket cases, why the hell would anyone else buy them?
    I have no idea, thats the questions the members need to put to Eddie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Carlton vs Richmond is the type of game that would ordinarily get a good crowd but with the assistance of the first game selling point is boosted to a blockbuster type crowd. With trying to be funny, Richmond also probably can do with it's bigger games being early in the year before their season is practically over.
    Good point - makes sense