Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Official 2010 Jumper Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Port are on a winner with their new design.
    Except the Clash is atrocious. Its all that white stuff TCD

Also who the hell do we clash with? Eagles away jumper is the only one and they don't have to wear it when they play us.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Except the Clash is atrocious. Its all that white stuff TCD

Also who the hell do we clash with? Eagles away jumper is the only one and they don't have to wear it when they play us.
    Well, I guess the argument is that in wearing our normal strip we clash with the desires of the marketing department.

Ports new jumper is an absolute sensation. North Melbourne's clash jumper is insipid.

I remain baffled why no-one wears 'green' - it is one of Freo's colors but they seem to have completely dropped it from their strip. Just amazing that GC17 are going to be red, white, blue and yellow when there is an entire spectrum with a strong sporting heritage (Boston Celtics, Green Bay Packers etc) that is being completely ignored.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Port Adelaide, what were you thinking?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well, I guess the argument is that in wearing our normal strip we clash with the desires of the marketing department.

More accurately we comply with the desires of the marketing department. The royal blue arguably clashes with

Melbourne's traditional jumper with white shorts. But Melbourne's home game sees it wearing navy blue shorts. The darker colour does not clash with our royal blue if we wear white shorts and it has a clash jumper for our home games.

West Coast's Royal Blue with gold flashes. There's grounds for a clash there but not with the three panel navy blue, white and yellow it now wears.

Fremantle if it wears its purple, red, white and green version As home team, if it wears that version, then I suppose it represents a clash.

The outfit itself is too white. If the jumper must be so white, then why not retain the royal blue socks and shorts ?

Gee I get annoyed when the team runs out with the white outfit against Richmond, Essendon etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post

The outfit itself is too white. If the jumper must be so white, then why not retain the royal blue socks and shorts ?
    White tops with blue shorts? No thanks...
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I'd never really thought about it, but it surprised me that Richmond is the only team without a clash jumper. Do they actually not have one, or it just hasn't been announced yet?

Don't like the Brisbane jumper, especially the 'clash' which uses the old Fitzroy colours. Surely they could have left the Fitzroy lion on that at least?

Port are on a winner with their new design.
    They used to have one, it had yellow strips under the arms conecting with the sash. Strange that they don't have to have one when Essendon still do

Sydney's clash strip is way too similar to their regular jumper....who would they clash with anyway?
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Brisbane Lions

Manufacturer: Puma
    Front Sponsor: Bank of Queensland/Conergy (Home/Clash; Change from Vodafone)
    Back Sponsor: Conergy/Bank of Queensland (Home/Clash; Change from Vodafone)
    Shorts Sponsor: MBF Private Health Insurance

Home

Clash

This should read subject to court approval

The Brisbane Lions keep going on about it costing them hundreds of thousand of dollars if they lose the case. They should have thought about that before they decided to make a change.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly never heard such a carry on about nothing when it comes to clash strips. We clash with a few sides and makes it easier to watch with the white top. just love to see the dogs go back to the pre1975 guernsey. Clubs who go on about constitutions and history re. guernseys is just crap!! If it's good enough for the biggest sporting organisations to have alternative strips,then it's good enough for sporting sides in a domestic competition

Post Thanks / Like

Have the Lions really changed their design that much that people now consider their new jumper one of the worst? Has the design really changed all that much?

Every brand has slight upgrades and alterations to their identity, maybe it's me but I don't see the big deal to be honest. I'd prefer that jumper every day of the week instead of Melbourne whose colours have gone away from their original navy blue & red, at least the Lions haven't lost their colours and have only slightly modernized their logo.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd never really thought about it, but it surprised me that Richmond is the only team without a clash jumper. Do they actually not have one, or it just hasn't been announced yet?
    Now updated to include Richmond's & West Coast's clash jumpers.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

The Richmond one is hardly different. A piss poor effort, the AFL had any balls, they should throw that one and the Essendon one out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    The Richmond one is hardly different. A piss poor effort, the AFL had any balls, they should throw that one and the Essendon one out.
    Yup, along with the Collingwood one.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

The Rich, Ess and C'wood ones are a disgrace...I agree with Ernie and TCD...the AFL need to grow some balls and TELL THEM....no, MAKE THEM, have a completely different away jumper.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. Proper clash jumpers for all. Absolute disgrace everyone doesn't have one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    The Rich, Ess and C'wood ones are a disgrace...I agree with Ernie and TCD...the AFL need to grow some balls and TELL THEM....no, MAKE THEM, have a completely different away jumper.
    As long as the AFL does not force the club against which any of the above 3 are playing to wear a strip it does not want to wear, as it outrageously does when C'wood play North, then I can't see that its anybody's businss but the clubs concerned. If R'mond, E'don and C'wood want to wear the one jumper all the time, good luck to them. Franklly, I wish our club stood firmer on identity issues, such as jumpers.