Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  13
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Home grown Doggie Shots

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Pretty sure that it's Simon Beasley Mer.
    Yeah, you're probably right. Sockeye was a bit more thickset than The Pieman. Someone earlier suggested Bluey Hampshire. But I never saw him jump that high!
    But I did see him take a bounce at Westetn Oval one day! He good at huge cheer for that!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

We loved Bluey.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

We loved Bluey.
    He was a crowd favourite for sure. Others in that category: Terry Wheeler, Glen Coleman, Mark, "Master of the Don't Argue" Kellett, Michael "Fruitcake" Ford, Mickey Egan, Steve Kretiuk, Steve Kolyniuk, Ben Hudson.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    He was a crowd favourite for sure. Others in that category: Terry Wheeler, Glen Coleman, Mark, "Master of the Don't Argue" Kellett, Michael "Fruitcake" Ford, Mickey Egan, Steve Kretiuk, Steve Kolyniuk, Ben Hudson.
    Squirrel, Galaxy, captain, Fruicake, Megan, Critter, Billy, the People's Beard.

Post Thanks / Like

Squirrel, Galaxy, captain, Fruicake, Megan, Critter, Billy, the People's Beard.
    They were great days at the Western Oval. I really enjoyed following the Dogs at that venue. The home ground atmosphere was just so good. Nothing better than standing on the concourse in front of the EJ Whitten and sinking a few cans.

6. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They were great days at the Western Oval. I really enjoyed following the Dogs at that venue. The home ground atmosphere was just so good. Nothing better than standing on the concourse in front of the EJ Whitten and sinking a few cans.
    I use to meet the same guys each time we played there in between the umpires race and players race. Pity we didn't have more success. 1985 was the best year of the 80s, so much fun and should have gone all the way.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks strebla thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I use to meet the same guys each time we played there in between the umpires race and players race. Pity we didn't have more success. 1985 was the best year of the 80s, so much fun and should have gone all the way.

I still stand with the same guys I stood with at Whitten oval, We just found ourselves somewhere we like to stand at Etihad.

We have kids and grandkids standing there now.

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stan was a good footballer. Played a lot of good games for us.
    Great to learn about these names who may not have been necessarily the bigger ones back in the 1980s who played for our club back in the day.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Great to learn about these names who may not have been necessarily the bigger ones back in the 1980s who played for our club back in the day.
    Stan Davidson finished his career at Williamstown and played in a flag for them. I can't remember what year for sure but I think it may have been the premiership that Ronnie James played in-1988?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was one of the first games of '85 when I saw us towel up the Blues at Princes Park. Brad Hardie played a cracker and Shorty Daniels played too. We also had Jimmy Sewell and Polly Purser. I thought after this game that we were going to have a really good year. And we did.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure it was one of the first games of '85 when I saw us towel up the Blues at Princes Park. Brad Hardie played a cracker and Shorty Daniels played too. We also had Jimmy Sewell and Polly Purser. I thought after this game that we were going to have a really good year. And we did.
    R1 1985, we hadn't won at Princes Park since 1964. Bloody Neal Cordy kicked the first goal of that wonderful season to the scoreboard end. I think Beasley kicked 6 and Bamblett kicked a few.

Some seasons earlier we had hailed Scott Howell as the second coming of John Nicholls and we had been yelling "Nicholls" everytime he went near the ball because it drove Carlton supporters mad for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried to upload some photos I took yesterday but can't get the file size right feel free to have a look here, any tips I can use to get them on the thread apposed to a cloud drive is appreciated �� https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yct77vEOnLuJ3hxg1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muttley3028 View Post
    Tried to upload some photos I took yesterday but can't get the file size right feel free to have a look here, any tips I can use to get them on the thread apposed to a cloud drive is appreciated �� https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yct77vEOnLuJ3hxg1
    Have you seen this thread muttley?

https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showth...-Post-Pictures

I don't know if it will be any help. Bornadog is pretty proficient at posting all sorts of things too. I have no idea myself.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks two dogs I wasn't aware of that thread
    https://postimg.org/gallery/zhwtqt2w/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muttley3028 View Post
    Thanks two dogs I wasn't aware of that thread
    https://postimg.org/gallery/zhwtqt2w/
    Some good shots there

All I did there was open the link to the above picture in a new tab and then copied and pasted here.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Likes Eastdog liked this post