Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Home grown Doggie Shots

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Richmond 0.3 - 8.8 - 13.11 - 17.12 (114)
    Footscray 10.3 - 12.3 - 16.5 - 18.8 (116)
    GOALS: Richmond: B.Taylor 3, P.Welsh 3, M.Rioli 3, R.Wiley 2, K.Bartlett 2, M.Keane, B.Rowlings, J.Jess, M.Wall
    Footscray: J.Edmond 7, S.Beasley 3, I.Williams 3, R.MacPherson 2, S.MacPherson, R.Groenewegen, C.Burton
    Crowd: 51,651 at Melbourne Cricket Ground on Monday, 25th April
    What a great first quarter that was, sensational
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yep you're right. You can tell what year it is because the players have the 'Go West' sponsorship logo that we wore in the early part of the '83 season. We had it until around round 7 or 8 when Eastcoast came on board for the rest of the year.

BTW Edmond kicked 6 in that first quarter and finished with 7 for the day. We led by ten goals at quarter time (10.4-0.4) Richmind hit the front in the last quarter but we steadied and won by a goal and a bit. It was on ANZAC day 1983 (stick that up your arse Collingwood!) in front of more than 60, 000 people.
    Spewing to this didn't become a tradition for us. Two years shy of my first trip to the footy
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Great photos, thanks for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post

Stan Davidson taking a leap
    This one is Dougie, not Stan Davidson.

Thanks for the pics
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

5. Thanks Rocket Science thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    This one is Dougie, not Stan Davidson.

Thanks for the pics
    From memory this pic was taken the same day as the other shot with Hawkins and Kennedy. Dougie has a sleeveless jumper on. Also I did write on the back of this photo years ago, but in saying that it was a little bit after the event. I think that number 9 is also on the back of the jumper.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Great shots. But sadly, good luck taking photos @ AFL games these days. A couple of times I have been @ AAMI taking photos of junior games @ half time (allowed on the Oval as the "designated camera guy") but when i've pulled my camera out of my bag earlier in the day the red coats have pounced like I am just about to streak on the Oval. And it's only a 200 mm SLR, so nothing too professional looking. (The camera that is...)

Post Thanks / Like

From memory this pic was taken the same day as the other shot with Hawkins and Kennedy. Dougie has a sleeveless jumper on. Also I did write on the back of this photo years ago, but in saying that it was a little bit after the event. I think that number 9 is also on the back of the jumper.
    Looking at that chin and what appears to be number 7 on his back, I'd put money on it being Hawkins. By memory Stan had much darker hair.....but I could be wrong:-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Great shots. But sadly, good luck taking photos @ AFL games these days. A couple of times I have been @ AAMI taking photos of junior games @ half time (allowed on the Oval as the "designated camera guy") but when i've pulled my camera out of my bag earlier in the day the red coats have pounced like I am just about to streak on the Oval. And it's only a 200 mm SLR, so nothing too professional looking. (The camera that is...)
    How times have changed, I always got to the ground for the start of the reserves and sometimes the under 19's. But it has been 29 years since I was at a game in Melbourne and in those days no problems at all going to the footy with a telephoto lens and a SLR.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks heaps Hotdog. Fantasic shots

Post Thanks / Like

Looking back on this thread, I really enjoyed the memories - thanks HD

Anyone taken any shots these days that could add to it?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Great photos Hotdog60. I wasn't around during those times but it's great to have a look at the Bulldogs from the early 1980s.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Stan Davidson taking a leap

Billy's dad! We have 2 father/son prospects in the Australian cricket set up ATM-both fast bowlers. Billy Davdson and Glenn Coleman's son. I can't remember what Glenn's son is called. I wonder how they both ended up in Queensland? From memory Stan came from Bairsdale and Glenn came from country Victoria.

And speaking of F/S there is Zaine's old man Brian in the number 49.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Billy's dad! We have 2 father/son prospects in the Australian cricket set up ATM-both fast bowlers. Billy Davdson and Glenn Coleman's son. I can't remember what Glenn's son is called. I wonder how they both ended up in Queensland? From memory Stan came from Bairsdale and Glenn came from country Victoria.

Do you mean Billy Stanlake - Warren Stanlake's son? And Jackson Colemen is Glenn Coleman's boy and plays for Victoria.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Do you mean Billy Stanlake - Warren Stanlake's son? And Jackson Colemen is Glenn Coleman's boy and plays for Victoria.

That's who I meant. Well spotted, I was wondering...
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Stan Davidson original team was Sale.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Davidson
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"