Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nathan Eagleton injured

Apart from some vague unsubstantiated reports on SEN is there any actual evidence as yet?
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I have zero confidence in Ox's credibility, but in his statement did he say when or how it allegedly happened?

If true, I would imagine Hill and Wood would be first in line (possibly also Picken, but that just moves the hole to a new position) with the rookies put on notice that a promotion is available when earned. If one of the earlier mentioned players makes a success of the role, then the promotion could go to any one of our rookies, not just the midfielders.

For what it is worth, I think if the injury story were true it would be a big enough footy story to have received confirmation by now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    For what it is worth, I think if the injury story were true it would be a big enough footy story to have received confirmation by now.
    You would think that although I'll rest easy when I see he is on the training track

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    If true, I would imagine Hill and Wood would be first in line
    I hoep it isn't because Eaglton's ability to break zones by foot is underrated, but I should think you've picked his two logical successors - Hill's lung capacity could see his running power replaced, whilst Wood is an ready AFL-standard player waiting for a spot to open up. Everitt's kicking power is the third option.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Just speculation for the sake speculation given the lack of details we have at the moment, but I could see Everitt having a real break out year on the wing. His height, pace, and kicking could make him a really tough match up.

It will also make the competition between the rookies heat up nicely.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Nathan Eagleton undergoes surgery on right knee

WESTERN Bulldogs veteran Nathan Eagleton had surgery to repair his injured right knee last night.

The seasoned wingman hurt his knee at training yesterday and needed an immediate arthroscope.

The damage, albeit minor, is likely to sideline Eagleton for the majority of the NAB Cup.

A club spokesman said the 32-year-old should be available to train in about three weeks and is expected to be fit for the club's opening-round clash of the home and away season against Collingwood.

However, the injury is an unwanted setback for a man likely to be gearing up for his last AFL season.

The Dogs have so far been cautious to carefully manage their older brigade through the pre-season campaign.

Veterans Eagleton, Jason Akermanis, Brad Johnson and Barry Hall are crucial to the club's premiership tilt after consecutive preliminary final defeats.

Eagleton, a 261-game veteran, was one of the Dogs' top performers last season, averaging 20 possessions over 25 games.

He led the club to a convincing semi-final win over Brisbane with 30 possessions and three goals.

The chance to win his first flag with the Dogs this season encouraged the club favourite to re-sign late last year.
    Print
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Arthroscope is fine but just what is the minor surgery? Clean out?

Anyway great to here its not major, saying it was immediate gives the impression he was in a lot of pain, maybe it locked.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing in the Herald sun today, nothing else said on SEN, nothing on doggie web site. Sounds like a Prank to me

Post Thanks / Like

oops Shoulda read that article 1st

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Arthroscope is fine but just what is the minor surgery? Clean out?

Anyway great to here its not major, saying it was immediate gives the impression he was in a lot of pain, maybe it locked.
    A bit of pinched cartilage maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

It will usually be some form of cartilage issue, from floating cartliage or torn cartliage to cleaning up an infected knee, which it's unlikely to be as he has no history of knee problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Nathan had completed the session & crouched down to get some oxygen when his knee locked up.

There was no swelling, which was a good sign & he was operated on last night.

It appears there was some old damage that wedged into the knee joint when he bent down & wouldn't budge.

The operation was relatively minor. Nathan will be able to ride in 5 days & will be able to run in 10 days time. Should be right to play week 2 of the NAB Cup if there's no complications.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Nathan had completed the session & crouched down to get some oxygen when his knee locked up.

There was no swelling, which was a good sign & he was operated on last night.

It appears there was some old damage that wedged into the knee joint when he bent down & wouldn't budge.

The operation was relatively minor. Nathan will be able to ride in 5 days & will be able to run in 10 days time. Should be right to play week 2 of the NAB Cup if there's no complications.
    Been there, done that. Feels like a knife has been shoved into the side of your knee. Fortunate for the side that it happened while we are still 9 weeks away from the start of the season proper.

Post Thanks / Like

More information from the Bulldogs website

Eagleton hit by freak knee injury

VETERAN Western Bulldogs midfielder Nathan Eagleton has broken down in bizarre circumstances and appears likely to miss the side's NAB Cup campaign.

Eagleton had finished Friday's training session and was crouching down to get his breath back when his knee locked.

The 31-year-old had an arthroscopy later on Friday at The Avenue Hospital in Windsor, and Doggies medical service manager Andrew McKenzie told westernbulldogs.com.au that it happened in the most innocuous way.

Link to full article

Post Thanks / Like

The old floating cartlidge and then knee lock up. He'll be right