Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What Changes Round 11

While the carlton game is fresh in the mind, what changes should we make without going over board?

Here are my suggestions.

Out: Power, Robbo, Darcy, Hahn and Addison

In: Minson, Doogs, Everitt, Harbrow and Ray

Although 5 changes are alot, but then again we are up against an inexperienced Brisbane so may be an opportunity to blood a few players. The only player I am hesitant in dropping is Addison.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Changes Round 11

I think Power will be one whose looked at for sure. Based off yesterdays efforts, there are quite a few others who would come close, including Robbo, Hahn. Eade said there were 6 players he'd be looking at, not too sure who the others would be, although Darcy would probably be close I think he'll be retained. Addison I thought did OK again, but I've been impressed by him most of the year whilst quite a few haven't been as impressed.

It looks to me as though Griff and McMahon are still not at 100%, I'd almost like to see them have another week off, plus the mid-season break and come back at 100%, the problem is that both play a similar role and are important to our run and carry from defence.

Williams, Everitt, Minson and McDougall all played good B's footy and would all have to be close. Would Wight be a chance to miss if we gave a few talls a run? Ray will come back I think, and Harbrow would have to be a chance soon as he'll be back to a rookie before too long.

Post Thanks / Like

Justr realized, Bob Murphy will be up for consideration, but is that one too many players coming back from injury. Clearly McMahon and Griffen were still feeling the effects of missing games with injury.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty similar to Bornadog, but I cant drop Addison - I'm his no 1 fan and his endeavour is first class, but at times its really clear hes a 9 gamer.

In: Murphy, Minson, McDougall - IMO certainties

Ins (possibles):
    Ray - unsure whether 1 week will have been enough to address the match committees reasons for dropping him
    Harbrow - depends on the makeup of the forward line - I'd like to see him in
    Everitt - will this be a good game to debut him in?

Outs:
    Darcy - needs close to four quarters at W'Bee - its not ideal but not unexpected that guy who'd been out of it this long is going to take time - been too inconsistent.
    Hahn - I feel similarly about Hahn although the delivery into the forward line has been ordinary he just didn't have enough impact
    Robbins - the structure of the forward line is not working and I thought Higgins did more of the tough stuff this week saving his scalp.
    Power - it really is time for him to turn the corner, we've had a lot of patience with him, he's played 77 games, and there is no physical reason he shouldn't have more impact.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldnt Gia be up for consideration?

And I hate to say it, but Eagle might get a mention. Although I personally think he has been ok, he is clearly far from his best form.

I think it would be harsh to drop Addison.
    Official Cartoonist for the Western Bulldogs. True!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firstdogonthemoon View Post
    Wouldnt Gia be up for consideration?

And I hate to say it, but Eagle might get a mention. Although I personally think he has been ok, he is clearly far from his best form.

I think it would be harsh to drop Addison.
    Gia was one of the players given praise by Eade for the job he did on Scotland - I guess it shows that sometimes we dont see the value of a player, because we dont know the context of their role

I think Eagle is safe

Post Thanks / Like

I think realistically we have to make a minimum of 6 changes this week. We can't continue to go down the same path of relying on Johnson to be our sole target in the forwardline, as good a player as he is he needs some help. Darcy and Hahn are out of form, its not easy coming back from a reco and they need atleast 2 or 3 games at the lower level to regain some touch.

I would go with atleast the following:

In: McDougall, Minson, Skipper, Everitt, Murphy, Harbrow

Out: Hahn, Darcy, Robbins, Power, Wight, Addison

Others close to being dropped:

Eagleton, Boyd, Giansiracusa, Griffen

If you would like me to offer you some feedback on why, I'm happy to divulge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    ie your opinion of each, or you have some inside goss?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    ie your opinion of each, or you have some inside goss?
    Just my opinion's.. I do get a little bit of inside goss occassionally but the 6 changes are just what I think.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't agree to dropping Boyd and Gia. Gia played a a run with role on Scotland and still amassed 20 posessions, two goals. Boyd had 21 posessions, seven marks and plenty of centre clearances.

It was tough going into the game with both McMahon (who is still injured BTW and shouldn't have played) and Griffen who also didn't look right.

Feedback on why would be interesting

Post Thanks / Like

I think realistically we have to make a minimum of 6 changes this week. We can't continue to go down the same path of relying on Johnson to be our sole target in the forwardline, as good a player as he is he needs some help. Darcy and Hahn are out of form, its not easy coming back from a reco and they need atleast 2 or 3 games at the lower level to regain some touch.

I would go with atleast the following:

In: McDougall, Minson, Skipper, Everitt, Murphy, Harbrow

Out: Hahn, Darcy, Robbins, Power, Wight, Addison

Boyd is the most interesting out of this lot. I'd like to hear more about that one.
    Also, does Eade have it in him to make 6 plus changes?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Boyd is the most interesting out of this lot. I'd like to hear more about that one.
    Also, does Eade have it in him to make 6 plus changes?
    I'm not sure Eade will drop 6 at once. I think 3 may go this week

Darcy -needs some time to regain some form away from the spotlight. At the moment he is only doing his confidence in by trying to regain form at the top level. Minson to come back in for him.. or maybe McDougall if Wight survives the chop as I don't t hink Mcdougall is going to do much in the ruck.
    Wight- just off the boil since the Collingwood game, and Everitts sustained performances with Werribee deserve a shot. Maybe Tommy Gun Williams would be considered for this spot.

Robbins- 2 tackles in 4 games was a stat that flashed on the screen during the game.. not good enough as this was his real value to the side over the past 2 years. Murphy to come in for him.

others under the pump but who survive due to lack of ready replacements... Addison & McMahon...and Eagleton.

If either McMahon or Eagleton don't lift against the Lions, then Ray would come back under consideration the next week.

I don't understand why Boyd would be up for consideration.. dind't play his best game, but in my opinion he would be in the top 3 or 4 in our B & F so far this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently McMahon told the coaching staff he was right to go but they realized in the first quarter he had a quad problem. Heard this from Ox on SEN as he was in the coaches box yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd - I honestly believe we cant play Boyd, West & Cross in the same team. They are all very good players, but are too much alike. The are all one paced, they have great endurance, but lack leg speed, they all lack penetration and accuracy with there kicking. More importantly they are all only midfielders, they really cant play anywhere else. Our midfield seriously needs a change up, we need to get some fresh faces in there. If Boyd doesn't tag he really doesn't have a role to play. We cant continue to keep playing 3 slowish midfielders in our team if we are to improve in this competition. West and Cross also need to become far more accountable for there opponent, both play a shoot-out style and it is killing us, both have to be held responsible for there direct opponents.

I seriously believe the make-up of our midfield needs to be looked at post-season. I would think that come 2008 we would like to see more of Cooney, Griffen, Higgins and Addison (tagger) in the midfield. Where does that leave West, Cross and Boyd?

Post Thanks / Like

Where does that leave West, Cross and Boyd?
    Well we keep thinking how long can West go on racking up 30 posessions per week and he keeps doing it. Will he still be doing that next year or does he somehow take on a different role? Maybe he spends even more time on the bench, like Couta and comes on in the last quarter?