Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 2010 Collingwood season

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Collingwood = care factor zero!

That said, i believe they'll still be around the mark, Jolly is a massive inclusion for them, top 4 for mine.

I also think Luke Ball will also be a very good inclusion, perhaps they can transform him into a tagger, he doesn't have the pace, but i don't believe you need to if you have the smarts, i also think they should try Cloke down back, no dramas with his reading of the play, he kicks like a mule just about every second shot for goal, bit of a liability i believe up forward.
    I agree on Ball, but I think Cloke would be a bigger liability in defence than he is up forward. His kicking isn't great but you would rather him shank one out of bounds from a set shot than turning it over across half back.

Edit: Should i say Collingwood would rather, I think we would rather love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I agree on Ball, but I think Cloke would be a bigger liability in defence than he is up forward. His kicking isn't great but you would rather him shank one out of bounds from a set shot than turning it over across half back.

Edit: Should i say Collingwood would rather, I think we would rather love it!
    Cloke only has to land it 10 or so metres away from his team mate on the field, when he pushes up ther field anyway, he doesn't seem to have a major issue with finding team mates, its the set shots in front that really play with his mind, Chris Tarrant was the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    The difference between a premiership can be as little as a bit of luck, a fleeting decision, an amazing/horrible passage of play or an 'off' quarter. I would argue that the '08 Geelong team improved on the '07 team and if the two teams played each other 100 times the '08 model would come out way on top.
    You must know I agree with all of that...but at the top end it simply doesn't matter as it is purely about results. Those teams out of the 6 or so perceived contenders who 'miss out' or fall down the ladder will end up sacking coaches, trading players and generally tearing down the walls.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    ...whilst Adelaide still rely a fair bit on the likes of Edwards, Stevens and McLeod - none of them getting younger. The same could be said for our forward half, so it makes 2010 an interesting season.
    The difference is Adelaide will just break even if those three maintain their 2009 output - Barry is an addition to our side so will improve our on field output. I expect him to be an upgrade to Welsh in 2009. I think some of the "outside" attention on the age of our forwards is selling the Bulldogs a bit short.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers