Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldog hoping for an injury-free season

BRENT DIAMOND - February 7, 2010

Western Bulldogs' star midfielder Shaun Higgins hopes an injury-free season can finally take his game to a new level after a frustrating run since making his debut in 2006.

Higgins, who turns 22 next month, dislocated an elbow in his first season, had shoulder surgery in his second, an ankle reconstruction in his fourth and last year was grounded for six weeks with groin and hamstring injuries.

He hopes the next three or four years will be the making of his career after rejecting a lucrative offer from the Gold Coast last year.

Article in full...

Loved this bit though:Higgins said he wants to be at the Bulldogs for the rest of his playing career.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldog hoping for an injury-free season

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    BRENT DIAMOND - February 7, 2010
    Loved this bit though:Higgins said he wants to be at the Bulldogs for the rest of his playing career.
    Doesn't it make you smile
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Theres only one Shauny Higgins.....only one Shauny Hiiiiiiiggins.

He would be in my top 2 players I wouldn't ever want to get rid of..I thought he was very sharp yesterday and prob had most disposals with the majority being effective..It's scary hes not even 22..

He plays midfield yet he kicks plenty of goals aswell..theres not many other players like him.

Post Thanks / Like

No he is an absolute gem didn't get down yesterday but thought he really showed a ton of leadership last year and as you say Alexxx he isnt even 22 with him and Cal Ward in the mix for the next ten years I am very happy.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I hought he was BOG for the day, but I was more interested in some of the other young recruits.

Liam Jones I thought had a great game so did Roghhead.
    Bt Honestly I thought the whole crew put in a stellar effort.
    I was very impressed with Josh Hill. I believe he has realised were he wen't wrong and is ready to step up just like Jarrod H did last year. We may see some good things from Josh this year Hopefully a tad up the ground likeHalf Fwd Flank

Post Thanks / Like

Think I need a new keyboard or does this system actually miss a few strokes. I notice others have the same Problem. Or is it alcohol related??????